City Brewing Company, a leading manufacturer in the beverage industry, has an immediate opening for a Sourcing Buyer at our La Crosse, WI facility to enable sustainable growth of our 4 breweries.
The Sourcing Buyer will manage a reliable and cost-effective supply chain strategy designed to deliver high quality ingredients, packaging materials, equipment, supplies and services to manufacturing and business operations for all City Brewing facilities. Collaboration with cross-functional partners such as Production Planning, Manufacturing, Logistics, Quality, Regulatory Compliance, Business Development and Finance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assists in vendor/supplier selection and maintains key working relationships for packaging and raw materials, MRO items, supplies and capital equipment. Supplies to include but not limited to: adhesives, brewing aids, cleaning chemicals and supplies, CO2, dry ingredients, office and janitorial supplies and services, shipping supplies, shrink film, etc.
- Assists in competitive bidding and pricing processes. Reviews bids and proposals for competitive cost, quality, and facility and customer specification requirements.
- Assists in negotiation and coordination of contracts nationally and regionally. Communicates terms of contracts to affected parties at all locations.
- Works with vendors to maintain and/or improve service levels as required.
- Troubleshoots vendor and supplier issues; works closely with internal and external stakeholders to determine appropriate preventive or corrective actions as needed.
- Works with functional area managers to coordinate bidding process and vendor evaluation for capital projects, equipment purchases and service contracts. Understands and supports sourcing and purchasing requirements for day to day operations.
- Conducts spend analysis, identify cost saving opportunities.
- Reviews standard pricing updates.
- Assists in developing corporate procurement SOPs and work flow instructions.
- Additional duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, and/or professional certifications preferred.
- 5+ years in Procurement/Supply Chain in a manufacturing environment. Lead or management role a plus.
- Food or Beverage manufacturing experience a plus.
- Experience working with MRP/ERP systems, strong Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills City Brewing Company provides a competitive salary and benefit package.
Your application has been successfully submitted.