Immediate opening! Our ideal candidate would be highly skilled with accounting and bookkeeping functions, extremely detail orientated, eager to learn new things and able to juggle multiple tasks. This is an exciting opportunity to work for an internationally recognized brewery.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for daily accounting functions of the company in accordance with the generally accepted accounting principles and all other regulatory organizations and financial management techniques and practices appropriate to the industry.
Essential Job Functions:
- Preforms daily accounting tasks including but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, collections, and bank and credit card reconciliations
- Ensures expenses are charged to the correct account and class
- Ensure that accounts payable invoices are paid accurately and timely and that all accounts receivable invoices are correct
- Processes checks for accounts payable with the approval of the Director
- Respond to vendor inquiries regarding payment in a pleasant and prompt manner
- Respond to customer inquires in a pleasant and prompt manner
- Makes and records all bank deposits
- Prepares standard and recurring journal entries and enters them into the accounting system in a timely manner
- Monitors general ledger and reports any variances to the Director and corrects them when asked
- Ensures that all raw material cost invoices are properly entered in Ekos and that all cost of goods sold are correct
- Reconciles monthly physical inventory with shipping/receiving log and perpetual inventory
- Processes semi-monthly payroll in Paycom and ensures it is accurate and on time
- Performs calculations for commissions and quarterly production bonuses
- Ensures retirement calculations are accurate and paid on time
- Completes credit applications and monitors credit limits
- Completes all required Census Forms
- Prepares all necessary tax filings for review by the Director
- Assists with preparation of the monthly financial statements for all business entities included detailed P/L analysis
- Assists with preparation of the annual budget
- Other duties as assigned by the Director and President
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field or 5 years high level accounting experience required.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant accounting experience required.
- Previous experience in manufacturing /cost accounting strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with Quickbooks and Bill.com strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with Google Docs and Sheets required.
- Strong organizational, time management and analytical skills.
- Good work ethic and ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Ability to easily and effectively communicate with others through written and oral communication.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and occasionally lift objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Strong desire to work in the craft beer industry.
We offer competitive pay and a very impressive benefits package which includes fully paid health, dental, life, short term disability and long term disability insurance. We also have paid leave and a retirement plan.
Your application has been successfully submitted.