Verboten Brewing is looking for a Sales Representative to increase the availability, visibility, velocity and sales volume of our beers via sales calls on retail accounts within assigned territory, delivering beer, educating distributor sales teams and consumers, collaborating with owners directly to plan and review the business needs and representing Verboten Brewing at events.
Territory consists of Longmont north (negotiable) and Centerra/Johnstown west. Longmont (negotiable), Berthoud, Loveland, Fort Collins, Estes Park, Wellington and Centerra/Johnstown will consist of the main communities within your territory.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
• Product Knowledge: Demonstrate strong product knowledge on all existing and new beer releases, conduct ongoing brand training with retailers and consumers as needed. Identify best placement for unique, rare, and specialty beers.
• Territory Planning: Develops a territory market strategy that ensures accounts and consumers are touched with the appropriate frequency. Always have a prepared visit plan that uses a defined list of Core Accounts, a strategy for cultivating new accounts and consumer interactions (events, tastings, etc). The Representative is always 100% prepared to sell.
Reporting: Reports to Owners periodically as needed on the following metrics:
o Budget tracking
o Market depletion trends
o Calendar objectives
o Anecdotal market results
o Quarterly Focus (company goals, new items, seasonal/special item allocations, field quality/pricing)
Market Ethics and Legal:
o Always acts professionally, is responsible with alcohol, and avoids ‘gray area’ sales
Specific activities include:
o Availability: Sells to all on- and off-premise accounts within territory. Communicates availability of monthly one-off beers in a clear and constant basis.
o Education: Educates distributors, retailers, and consumers in the territory on all general brewery and brand knowledge via consumer tastings and events.
o Quality: Physically inspects all products in all settings for freshness and ensures all brewery collateral in the market matches brewery standards.
o Communication: Writes brief market visit recap emails or shares at staff meetings with Owners weekly their list achievements and needed follow-up help.
o Relationships: Develops and maintains strong relationships with restaurant, bar and retail personnel.
o Special Projects: Executes Quarterly Focus, specific strategic programs, and requested implementations by Owners
• At least 75% of time should be spent with accounts, distributors, or consumers in communications and delivering beer.
• Make 20 or more sales calls per week, 6 of which are on set appointments. Be ready with selling tools in car and sales bag at all times. Document all sales calls after each call.
• Achieve consistently satisfactory progress against quarterly objectives set by Owners.
• Deliver expense reports on time, follow expense guidelines, and stay under budgeted expense. Expense account T.B.D.
• Communication: Participate in team conversations about sales strategy - use in-the-field experience, market feedback, industry and market knowledge to provide perspective.
• Maintains distributor relationships in the assigned Territory. Passes off recommendations to distributor when applicable.
• Cultivates positive relationships with all members of the distributor management and sales teams.
• Inventory: Monitors inventories and mandated splits with distributor. Knowledge, Skills, & Requirements:
• Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
• Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
• Reliable Transportation to perform job duties
• Flexible schedule: available to work evenings/nights as needed
• Extensive knowledge of product lines and the beverage industry in the assigned territory, specifically local breweries and competing distributors.
• Proficient verbal, written, and group communication skills.
• Position requires computer proficiency
• Good decision making and problem-solving skills.
• Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, and repetitive hand and arm movements frequently
• Must be able to lift up to 50lbs routinely and participate in the movement of full kegs
• Must be able to stand, squat, walk, pull, push, kneel on uneven surfaces
• Must be able to routinely climb\descend stairs
• Must be able to walk\stand outside in a variety of weather conditions at events\festivals
Please send resume and cover letter including relevant experience
- Use of company van, mileage reimbursement when using personal vehicle Weekly stipend for account visits
- Wages and Benefits:
- Flexible time off policy
- Contribution to health care plan
*Verboten Brewing provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Your application has been successfully submitted.