Packaging Operators are primarily responsible for the bottling, canning, and kegging of Ninkasi beer through operation and maintenance of bottling line and kegging equipment, inventory, and handling of raw materials.
At Ninkasi, we take our core values very seriously. All team members are expected to embrace and embody these values each and every day:
- One team
- Quality output in everything we do
- Creative pursuit of mastery
- Integrity in our actions
- Successful integration of work and life
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Arrive to each shift on time with a positive attitude
- Safe and efficient operation of bottling, canning, and kegging equipment
- Manage flow of packaging materials and finished product through packaging process
- Proper and safe CIP of equipment and lines
- Maintain and/or implement new, efficient, and effective work methods and systems within the packaging process
- Ensure that security procedures are adhered to throughout the Ninkasi Campus
- Coordinate with warehouse and purchasing departments to ensure supply levels are adequate to support daily and weekly schedule completion.
- Communicate regularly and efficiently with Ninkasi staff
- Maintain all equipment in clean, good working order
- Record and report all pertinent data consistently and accurately in accordance with production paperwork
- Keep operating spaces clean and organized
- Perform other duties as assigned
Desired Minimum Qualifications
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: 1-2 years in a similar or related field.
- Reliable transportation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40-pounds and be able to move kegs which weigh roughly 165 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may he made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud most of the time. Ear protection is available and required in some production areas.
Note: This Job Description is neither definitive nor restrictive and may be modified to meet changing needs.
Your application has been successfully submitted.