Looking for a fast-paced manufacturing job?
We are the place for YOU!!!
The Lion Brewery is dedicated to providing consistently high-quality specialty products and services to our contract packing customers, wholesalers, retail distributors, and especially our consumers!
We are a leading food manufacturer that seeks an experienced Supervisor for our night shift, 12-hour, 2-2-3 schedule.
- Supervision of all shift production employees and production equipment in their assigned area.
- Supervisors must collaborate with other Production Supervisors to have effective operations between lines and shifts while coordinating resources in Brew House, Warehouse, QA, and Maintenance staff.
- Supervisor must design and implement operating practices for the department
- Ensuring compliance with GMPs, and following the principles of Total Productive Maintenance
- Strive for the achievement of goals, monitor performance through metrics and report performance through scorecards and reports
- Manage the daily staffing of the assigned crew
- Enforce safety regulations, ensuring safety standards are met and required safety training occurs.
- Oversees the training, evaluation, and performance reviews of shift personnel.
- Performs administrative duties as required including, initiating personnel action forms, writing counseling forms, vacation requests and any other reports as needed.
- Helps to maintain the shift safety program to minimize accidents and injuries and to ensure a safe working environment.
- Constantly follows quality and production standards and makes the necessary decisions to maintain maximum rates with high quality in an efficient time and manner.
- Coordinates with Maintenance for scheduled shutdowns and repairs in order to achieve the necessary maintenance work with the minimum operational losses.
- Inspects each line and checks the product is being run according to the specifications of the job
- Follows corrective action process to resolve problems.
- Closes out production work orders and records production on a daily report.
- Forecast equipment usage for future orders.
- Associates Degree required.
- Applicants must have three to five years relevant work experience.
- 5 years of supervisory experienced desired
- Food manufacturing experience preferred, but not required.
- Previous machine operating experience in a manufacturing facility, or similar relevant experience (bottling and/or canning experience and mechanical knowledge a plus)
- Must be detail-oriented
- Understanding of production processes
- Ability to lift 50 lbs, to bend, and stand or walk for long periods of time in a fast-paced environment
Job offer contingent on passing background check, drug testing, and completion of pre-employment screening.
If not authorized to work in the US and/or have been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor, please provide more information in comment section- these conditions do not necessarily disqualify an applicant. Please do not provide any information regarding past convictions that have been sealed or expunged.
Please attach your resume.
Thank you in advance
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage available first day of employment
- Life Insurance/AD&D/Short-Term Disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Only full-time employees eligible
COVID-19 Precaution(s): Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Work Remotely: No
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Starting at $65,000 annually based on past experience and skills
- Health insurance- No Deductible
- Paid time off
- Dental/Vision insurance Option
- Consistent Schedule
- Opportunity for Growth
Schedule: 8 hour or 12 hrs shifts
- 5 years of supervisory experienced (Preferred)
- Food manufacturing experience (Preferred, but not required)
Language: English (Preferred)
Work Location: Pittston or Wilks-Barre, PA
Your application has been successfully submitted.