Human Resources Manager
Burlington Beer Company (BBCO) is seeking an agile Human Resources Manager to lead our day-to-day administration of all things human resources-related and is responsible for all aspects of BBCO’s payroll, benefits administration, recruiting, compliance, and employee relations.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage the recruitment process, from initial posting to applicant screening, hiring, and offer letters. Collaborate with department managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Develop, administer, and monitor new team member onboarding processes to ensure delivery of an exceptional employee experience.
- Manage employee off-boarding process, including exit interviews and necessary paperwork.
- Maintain the BBCO Employee Handbook by making recommendations, updating, communicating changes to management and staff, and distributing.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices.
- Train management on HR best practices.
- Administer annual performance review program.
- Facilitate consistent and timely resolution of all employee issues, concerns, and questions.
- Work closely with managers to ensure job descriptions are accurate and up to date.
- Handle all aspects of benefits including administration, monitoring eligibility, new enrollments, renewals and open enrollment, terminations, and COBRA.
- Ensure consistent employee disciplinary practices and required documentation is in place. Participate in disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintain well-organized, compliant, accurate, and confidential personnel records and files.
- Manage all claims pertaining to Worker’s Compensation, unemployment insurance, etc.
- Use Toast Payroll software to process bi-weekly payroll and benefits administration and ensure all employee information is accurate and up to date.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need to be successful in this role:
- Ability to build consensus and effective relationships at all levels of the company.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolutions skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient knowledge of Google Suite and strong computer skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of 5 years of human resources management experience is preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desired.
- Experience working in manufacturing and/or hospitality industry is highly desired.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at time.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization's facilities.
What BBCO Offers:
- Competitive base salary/pay
- Health, dental & vision plans
- Generous paid time off
- Parental leave
- Disability insurance
- Free Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Food, Beer & Merch Discounts
Burlington Beer Company is an independent craft brewery that has been open since May 2014. We strive to find a balance between going too far and staying rooted in tradition. We brew a wide range of hazy, hop-forward Pale Ale, IPA's, Double IPA's, and Triple IPA's. We also brew a plethora of fruit beers, some tart ones, some hoppy ones, and some easy-drinking ones. In addition, we also love brewing dark beers - Brown Ale's, Porter's, Oatmeal Stout, Double Stout's, and Imperial Stouts. Each of our beers has a mind-melting name and inspired artwork to match. We brew with local and international malts, hops, yeast, fruit, vegetables, spices, and herbs, while also exploring new ways to put our stamp on classic beer styles. Our beers are available in 16 states throughout New England & Mid-Atlantic.
While brewed, packaged, and distributed out of Williston, our Flynn Avenue location houses a sour barrel program packaged in Burlington. We strive to incorporate local food, exciting new beers, and all things beautiful Burlington has to offer to both tourists and locals alike.
BBCO is committed to equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, age, disability status, uniform service member status; or any other class protected under federal, state, or local law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.