The Brewer 1 performs all aspects of beer production, from beginning to end at the Main Brewery. This includes brewing, cellar operations, filtration, cleaning and sanitation, maintenance of plant equipment, general upkeep of the home office facilities and other associated duties. Opportunity to brew, under supervision, at one of our Brewery Restaurants for the purposes of training and advancement.
Essential Functions & Duties
- Efficiently operates all brewing equipment at the Main Brewery including the brew house, filters, kegging machine, cleaning equipment, milling equipment, and all other support equipment in the brewery.
- Monitors fermentation; cleaning and sanitizing tanks, and yeast management.
- Responsible for the successful operation of the brewing process at the Home Office Brewery. Cleans and general up keep of the entire brewery at all times.
- The assignment of any of the following duties;
- Multiple shift brewer: The brewer will arrive at a pre-determined time dependent upon the shift they are assigned based on the production schedule. We are Brewing 24 hrs a day/7 days a week. There are multiple shifts associated with the all brewing positions and any brewer can be assigned to any shift. All brewers will prepare the brewery for the day’s production schedule. The brewer may also mill-in the subsequent brew and then transfer it over to the brew house. The brewer finishes his/her brew, then cleans the workstation, then completes all associated paperwork and/or data entry.
- Filter Operator: The filter operator will arrive at a pre-determined time. The filter operator cleans and sanitizes the tank that he/she will filter into, prepares and operates the filters during the production process, starts the carbonation process once the beer moves to the bright tank, thoroughly cleans the filtration workstation when finished, and completes the associated paperwork and/or data entry.
- Cellarperson: The cellarperson cleans and sanitizes any fermenters required. As time permits he/she cleans any other areas of the brewery as assigned. The cellarperson also performs the yeast-pitching/management for the production schedule.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Know and love beer.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At minimum, two years experience working in a brewery as an assistant brewer or brewer.
- Able to work basic computer programs such as MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Mechanical aptitude required and experience working with small tools.
- Must be flexible and able to work different shifts (i.e. 6am-2:30pm, 10am-6:30pm, etc.)
- Must have an excellent attitude and conform to all of the company policies.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Physical Demands: Very heavy work - Employee typically shares workstations with others in similar positions. Time spent conducting sedentary work is less than 10%. Requires walking, standing, and/or driving for more than 90% of the workday. Lifting objects in excess of 100 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing 50 pounds or more.
Your application has been successfully submitted.