Upslope Brewing Company is a Certified B Corporation, which means we meet high standards of social and environmental performance, accountability and transparency. Through investment in our employees, continuous process improvement and a focus on innovation, we aim to deliver a high quality product, while prioritizing environmental stewardship and inclusion in our operations, brand and partnerships.
The Cellar Operator position is primarily focused on coldside operations, centrifuge operation, filter operation, tank cleaning, finishing carbonation, and sensory evaluation of Upslope’s craft beer and craft hard seltzer portfolio. This position works closely with the QA/QC Lab to collect and communicate fermentation data, check yeast health, and be able to cover basic lab responsibilities. The role requires a teamwork-oriented, responsible, and self-motivated individual with a passion for our core values and a desire for continued learning and growth within the industry.
- Maintaining a safe work area and adhering to all safety protocols at Upslope Brewing
- Daily fermentation management, Sunday-Thursday
- Inputting data into Brewer’s Dashboard temperature control and stage progression, Sunday - Thursday
- Operation and cleaning of Alfa Laval centrifuge, lenticular and plate filter
- Operation, maintenance, and cleaning of hop torpedo
- CIP and SIP of fermenters and brite tanks in accordance with Upslope SOPs
- Carbonation of beer in brite tank to specifications
- Blending and flavoring hard seltzer
- Communication of filtration volumes to Distributor & Logistic Manager and Packaging Manager using Slack App.
- Occasionally assisting Brewers with basic brewhouse operations
- Periodic assistance at Lee Hill with brewing, cellar and wood aging tasks
- Periodic assistance at Lee Hill with keg packaging
- Adhering to the master sanitation schedule standards of Upslope Brewing Co.
- Post-filtration sensory and clarity evaluation
- Aseptic tank sampling
- Nexcelom Cellometer X2 Operation
- Anton-Paar C-box operation and light maintenance
- Spectrophotometer analysis
- Yeast analysis and pitch quantification
- Collaborate with QA/QC Manager on process and product improvement initiatives
Monday - Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm
Compensation, Benefits + Culture
Upslope offers a transparent and unique work environment with an emphasis on teamwork and innovation. It’s important to make sure each employee understands the impact they have on the mission. We work for beer, but get paid in dollars
Compensation Package includes:
- $19.00 - $21.00 starting hourly wage, with opportunity to increase after 90 day evaluation period
- Paid Time Off, Sick Pay, Paid Holidays and Paid Volunteer Hours beginning 30-days after employment
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision/ Disability/ Life insurance with company contribution beginning 30-days after employment
- 401(k) with company match beginning day one
- Free RTD EcoPass
- Free Beer (Daily taproom perks and monthly retail beer allotments)
- Merchandise discounts
- Discounts & Pro Deals on outdoor equipment & activities
- Professional Development opportunities
- And many more!
Qualifications/Position Requirements and Specifications
- Minimum of 2 years professional brewing experience at a 5k+ bbl/year brewery is necessary for success in the role
- Ability to work as a team and collaborate effectively with a diverse group of individuals
- Flexibility, good communication skills, a positive attitude and a strong work ethic are essential
- Ability to stand on feet for 8+ hours, do some heavy lifting (solo or as a team) and have the ability to withstand working on a loud manufacturing floor
Desired/Preferred, but Not Required:
- Educational background in brewing or related areas
- Forklift operation experience
- Mechanical aptitude, basic problem solving and math skills are helpful for success in this position
Still Apply If…
- You do not have a related educational background. We can always help educate you and improve your knowledge in specific areas
- You lack forklift experience. We are able to train and certify team members on-site
At Upslope, we’re committed to building justice, equity, and inclusion in every aspect of our company. Our goal is to create the ultimate culture of belonging for everyone, regardless of your craft beer knowledge or the number of powder days you crushed this season. We value what makes you unique and want to ensure that you feel encouraged and welcomed to apply, work, and Après Everything™ at Upslope.
Upslope is an equal opportunity employer. We hire, promote, course-correct, and terminate based on merit, performance and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including but not limited to: race, color, religion, age, veteran status, medical condition (including pregnancy and genetic information) sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, and criminal history (as our licenses allow.)
Your application has been successfully submitted.