Craft Beer Sales Representative
Alvarium Beer Co. is a fast-growing swarm of creative, passionate, driven, and talented humans [and sometimes fur humans]. Much like the mighty bee, we work hard buzzing around self-distributing our products to our retailers for the thirsty folks of CT. As our sales and distribution demand grows, we’ll need to keep stacking on more extraordinary talent– and that’s where you come in! Our hive is thriving, multiplying and that means we’re hiring! Our Sour Slayer and Sales Manager needs another hand servicing the demand for our luscious liquids outside of our hive. Right now we’re in need of a sales representative on the road maintaining positive and productive relationships with our current and potential retail partners. Although we’re big fans of the mighty Bee, we need that energetic A game. Please bring positive vibes, motivation and innovation because that’s what sells the best libations. The Sales Rep is expected to bring an energetic, passionate, proactive, self-motivated and innovative attitude.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will be responsible for successful sales, distribution, marketing, and product placement in a designated territory (anticipated to include Tolland, Windham, Middlesex and New London counties). The Sales Rep will proactively identify opportunities to expand sales within their territory while successfully servicing existing accounts and working collaboratively with Alvarium team members. Duties will include the following:
- Maintain a regular schedule of weekly appointments with assigned new and existing accounts. Expected account visit goal minimum per week is 40. Review account list and plan out visits at least one week in advance.
- Work with management to develop and execute effective marketing plans.
- Utilize company software to provide detailed notes after each account visit, ensuring thorough end of day and weekly reporting.
- Ensure all sales orders are entered by 5:00 pm daily.
- Respond to all communications (including emails, calls and text messages), both internal and external, in a timely manner.
- Maintain clear, timely and effective communication with accounts to ensure understanding regarding brand awareness, pricing, inventory and other relevant details.
- Effectively handle accounts receivable collections within the guidelines of our company credit policy. Work with accounts to keep them up to date with invoices.
- Monitor and promote preferred product placement and ensure that product inventory meets company shelf-life standards.
- Regularly monitor supply, demand, pricing, competitive brands, industry trends, and positive/negative feedback and communicate relevant findings with management.
- Regularly conduct tastings and special events to promote sales and brand recognition. Typically expected to hold at least 4-6 tastings/events per month.
- Identify and evaluate special opportunities to grow sales and brand recognition throughout territory.
- Available to assist, as needed, with overall operations of the business (such as in the warehouse or with deliveries).
- Maintain understanding of, and observe all state and federal laws for the sale, merchandising, and promotion of brewery products.
- Additional duties as assigned
Compensation: Annual base salary of $40,000 plus eligibility to receive quarterly bonuses based on sales and performance metrics up to $20,000 annually.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year experience in alcoholic beverage industry is required
- Craft Beverage knowledge and experience is a plus.
- Valid Drivers license with a clean driving record (you will be assigned a company vehicle several times each week)
- Reliable car required for travel throughout territory
Required Skills and Abilities
To be successful in this role you need to be highly self-motivated, have an outstanding work ethic and be able to effectively communicate a passion for our product and the craft beer industry. You also need the following skills and abilities:
- Highly organized with a high level of attention to detail
- Must have a demonstrated history of direct sales achievement
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple, shifting priorities
- Effective and timely data and order entry and reporting. Able to review and accurately evaluate data and make appropriate recommendations.
- Strong ability to identify and evaluate sales and marketing opportunities and develop effective marketing plans
- Excellent follow-through
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships, both internally and externally, and provide exceptional service to meet customer needs and expectations
- Comfortable and effective speaking in public
The work for this position is partly performed in a warehouse environment, with occasional trips to the production space, as well as driving at length daily. You may also be exposed to:
- Hot, cold, steamy, foggy, wet conditions
- Noise (up to 90 dB)
- Exposure to potentially hazardous chemicals, hot water, cold water, hazardous gases, and pressurized vessels
- Exposure to machinery with moving parts
- Wet floors
- Occasional entry into confined spaces
- Sitting, standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing
- Seeing, talking, hearing, tasting, and smelling
- Lifting up to 55 pounds and moving up to 170 pounds
Alvarium provides full-time employees with competitive benefits including group health insurance, a 401k plan with company matching, 3 weeks of paid time off annually and a generous monthly product allowance. This position is also eligible for expense reimbursement, the details of which will be outlined during the interview process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.