Positive, responsible, and dependable. You have mechanical skills, you’re bias to action, and solutions oriented. You have a clean driving record and feel comfortable making beer deliveries locally as well as to our taprooms in other cities. You have a healthy interest in craft beer and you’re particularly interested in working for a company that makes its own products. You are flexible, excited to learn new skills, and can work well as a part of a team and individually.
A community inspired small batch brewing company with a 16-year history, one production brewing facility, and two unique taprooms. We’re past the stage of wanting to be a really big craft brewery because we’ve found real creative freedom at a sweet spot between 5,000 and 10,000 beer-barrels (BBLs) of annual production, with significant volume moving directly to consumers through our taprooms. We’re heading into a very busy part of the year and want to add a solid, full-time member to our team to help us continue creating and sharing great beer experiences!
The Packaging Lead position is labor-intensive and physically demanding. The Packaging Lead works with the Lead Brewer and other members of the Production Team to ensure all Oakshire beer is packaged in cans, kegs, and bottles in a clean and consistent manner, adhering to the standards of Oakshire. The duties of the Packaging Lead include work on the canning line, keg washer, and bottling line. Duties also include building distribution orders and beer delivery to the Oakshire Public House in Eugene and Beer Hall in Portland. The Packaging Lead is expected to learn and execute each of the packaging roles and to assist Production Team members as needed to ensure accurate completion of all production tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setting up and breaking down packaging equipment including canning line, bottling line, kegging equipment, and labeler.
- Performing CIP and sanitation cycles on all packaging equipment including proper handling of chemicals.
- Learn to run all packaging equipment independently including start-up and shut down.
- Running two 3-head keg washers simultaneously to clean all dirty kegs to be used for packaging.
- Precisely build pallets of cans, bottles, and kegs – adhering to packaging standards for each type of package to ensure the safety of you and those around you.
- Accurately build distributor and pub orders per pick-sheets.
- Correctly load and unload trucks (Oakshire and Wholesaler) of cans, kegs, and bottles.
- Accurate completion of all paperwork including cellar logs, brewery data logs, bill of lading, and pick sheets, as well as the mobile scanning and email of those documents to the correct Oakshire employees.
- Accurately and safely drive a forklift, move pallets of cans, kegs, and bottles onto trucks and around the production facility campus.
- Safely drive and deliver beer in a company box truck to the Oakshire Public House, Oakshire Beer Hall, and various distributors and suppliers.
- Repair and maintenance of packaging equipment as instructed by the Lead Brewer.
- General maintenance and repair of Oakshire’s production facility and equipment with the help of production team members
Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
This is a full-time position; 40hrs per week Monday-Friday with scheduled shifts starting generally from 6-7AM. Candidate must have flexibility to start as early as 5AM if needed and work until all necessary scheduled packaging work is completed.
Desired Skills and Traits
- Unwavering positive attitude and commitment to packaging the highest quality beer.
- Motivated, hard-working, and demonstrated ability to learn and follow standard operating procedures and schedules.
- Exceptional verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to efficiently manage competing priorities throughout the day while minimizing transition time between tasks.
- Ability to recognize and anticipate reaction to and perception of one’s own communications and the communications of others.
- Ability to learn and follow comprehensive hazard and safety programs.
- Ability to identify maintenance issues with packaging equipment, packaging material, and the production facility
- Ability to perform laboratory skills associated with beer production, packaging, and quality.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to feel comfortable working with multiple types of machinery in a given day.
- Mechanical skills sufficient to diagnose and where applicable fix maintenance issues.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Positive attitude with a desire to learn
- Willingness to work at a fast pace, yet be precise in daily tasks
- Flexible schedule
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work between three Oakshire facilities
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Forklift experience preferred but not required
The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee in the position described to perform the position’s essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Those physical demands include:
- Frequently sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, talk and hear, twist and bend, and stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Ability to lift and move up to 75 pounds and move kegs which may weigh up to 165 pounds using traditional lifting methods.
- Ability to be frequently exposed to wet conditions, strong and sometimes disagreeable odors, and occasionally caustic chemicals.
- Ability to work near moving mechanical parts, to work in a moderate noise level using hearing protection, and to work in a cold environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Oakshire offers competitive wages consistent with experience level. Oakshire also offers a robust benefits package for full-time employees which includes:
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan + employer matching
- Employee discounts
- Shift pints for employee and significant other
- Annual Equipment Allowance
- Paid time off
- 6 paid holidays per year
We’re excited to meet you! Oakshire Brewing is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals. We will consider all people – minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities no matter their sexual orientation or gender identity.
Your application has been successfully submitted.