The Proof at FSU Assistant Bar Manager is responsible for the day-to-day shift operations of a campus restaurant with a focus on bar responsibilities. The Assistant Bar Manager assists with training, inventory management, driving sales and profits at his/her location, and having hands-on experience in all aspects of the store, etc. They work with the general manager to achieve objectives in sales and labor costs, team member retention, guest service and satisfaction, quality, and sanitation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Including, but not limited to the following)
- Ensures that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly, and courteous service at all times
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs
- Supervise operation of bar to maximize profitability, minimize legal liability, and conform to alcoholic beverage regulations
- Ensures that all products are consistently prepared and served according to the Proof at FSU recipes and standards
- Assists with the restocking and replenishment of bar inventory and supplies
- Reports all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues to general manager
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment
- Fill in where needed to ensure quest service standards and efficient operations
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports, and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurants preventative maintenance programs
- Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurants receiving policies and procedures
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair, and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules, and procedures
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county, and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety, and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests
- Carry out restaurant marketing, advertising, and promotional activities and campaigns
- Provides advice and suggestions to General Manager as needed to ensure location is running effectively and efficiently
- Perform other duties as assigned by General Manager
Skills and Qualifications:
- Preferred 3 years of experience in a full service, high volume restaurant
- Experience with inventory and cost control relating to recipe development and production
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work as a TEAM with management staff and employees Must have bar management experience
- Must have valid driving license
- Must be Food Handler Certified
The assistant restaurant manager reports directly to the general manager.
Disclaimer: Proof Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.