About the Production Brewer role
Given our upcoming growth, we need passionate and skilled teammates like you to keep the beer flowing. We are hiring a Full-Time Production Brewer in our Woburn, MA brewery. Responsibilities would include but are not limited to:
• Raw ingredient handling, all aspects of a brew day, transferring wort/beer, yeast handling, packaging, monitoring fermentations, etc.
• Operate brewhouse with maximum attention to detail and accuracy (milling, mashing, lautering, proper gravities, etc.)
• Yeast management, which includes harvesting and pitching with the use of yeast brinks
• General cellar duties which include daily gravities, dry-hopping, and centrifuge transfers
• CIP and Sanitization on all vessels (brewhouse, fermenters, and bright tanks)
• Troubleshooting, technical maintenance and by-the-letter adherence to SOP’s
• Maintain an inventory of raw materials & brewery supplies
• Ability to understand and pinch hit in cellar and packaging when needed
•Organize production logs, inventory reports, packaging logs, etc.
• Work and communicate well across all levels of a brewery operation (management, cellar, packaging, FOH, customers, suppliers, etc.)
• Assist with the development of our QA/QC program
•Maintain brewery equipment as well as general facility
Production Brewer qualifications:
At a minimum, the Production Brewer must have the following:
- 1-2 years of experience in a production brewery or brewpub
- Strong work ethic and self-starting attitude
- Good interpersonal skills and team spirit
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, growing company
- Ability to operate a forklift and pallet jack
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods
- Ability to stoop, crawl, twist, turn, lift, kneel, climb ladders and stairs
- Ability to manipulate valves and clamps
- Ability to read and follow written English instructions
- Ability to regularly lift/carry heavy supplies, like bags of grain and kegs of beer
- Ability to work in a brewery environment which may be loud, slick, humid, and hot and cold
- Ability to comply with safe chemical handling procedures, including personal protection equipment such as gloves and goggles
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience level that includes opportunities for advancement and on the job training, and of course a generous beer benefit so that you can enjoy the luxuries of your hard work.
Our benefits package includes: paid holidays and time off, medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurances, 401k, tuition reimbursement, parental leave, a referral bonus program and much more.
How to apply:
If you are ready to join the Lord Hobo team, email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Lord Hobo Brewing Co. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.