Cellar Technician 12pm-8pm
Join one of the USA’s most rapidly growing facilities. We offer tremendous learning and growth opportunities in a state-of-the-art facility producing a full range of ale, lager, barrel aged, and sour beer. Two Roads is located in the coastal New England town of Stratford, CT mid-way between New York City and Boston. The primary responsibility of the Cellar Technician is to oversee all cold-side operations including separation, CIP, dry hopping, transfers, and barrel racking among many other tasks.The Cellar technician must coordinate with the Brewing, Packaging, and Quality staff to effectively manage the processing of beer to meet the demands of the production schedule. Secondary responsibilities may include assistance in hot-side wort production. This is an entry level position. A focused, intelligent, and hardworking individual will be able to advance very quickly in this position.
REPORTS TO: Lead Shift Brewer/ Brewing Managers
- Perform all cold-side production operations including but not limited to: dry hopping, fruit/sugar additions, beer recirculation, CIPs, beer/yeast transfers, pilot tasks, carbonation adjustments, and barrel-racking.
- Provide support to the Shift Brewers and Lead Shift Brewers by pulling, staging and loading raw materials as necessary.
- Ensure that the cellar is clean and organized at all times.
- Ensure that all production data is logged in the appropriate place(s).
- Coordinate with the Leads to ensure that beer required for packaging is ready when needed.
- Coordinate with Brewers and Lead Brewers to ensure that FVs will be ready for wort or beer when needed.
- Perform routine sensory and quality analysis on finished beer in process.
- Complete all work according to Two Roads SOP’s and safety programs.
- Report required maintenance and safety issues.
- Monitor inventory of chemicals, PPE, brewery parts and equipment, and raw material inventory.
- Communicate with the incoming shift and report to the Lead Brewers to ensure a complete information exchange at each shift change.
The Cellar Technician will be trained up in and responsible for the following and their respective SOPs:
- Safety Training, Basic Sanitary Procedure, Materials Management, Cellar Cleaning, External FV/YT CIPs, External Pilot System Cleaning
- Barrel Rinsing/Racking, Cleaning/Filling Firkins, Sensory Training, Pilot Tank Internal CIPs, Pilot Tank BBT Carbonation/Packaging, Sour Tanker Internal CIP, Braumat Basic CIP Operation
- Internal FV/YT CIP, YT Steam Sterilization, DA Unit CIP, DO Measurement/Scrubbing, Pinpoint Carbonation, Automated Pipe Fence CIP, Cell Counts, Auto Titrator Operation, C-Box Measurements
- Adding Sugar/Fruit to FV, Dry Hopping (Top of FV and Hop Cannon), Venturi Operation, Master Recipe Sheets, FV to FV Transfers, Pre-Fermentation Dry Hopping, Using Automated Pipe Fence.
- Working brewery experience or a diploma from a comprehensive brewing education program is a plus!
- Salary: Commensurate with experience, but starting at $16/hour.
- Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, PTO, and best of all FREE BEVERAGES!
- Hands-on training – Learn how to use our state of the art equipment!
- Open Door Policy – At Two Roads, your ideas and feedback matter. With our open door policy, you will experience a more fulfilling career where you are truly valued.
- Learning Environment – Two Roads is dedicated to employee development and education – we are committed to your success!
- Advancement opportunities – We are always looking for key players motivated to move up into specialized roles throughout the brewery.
Machinery, Tools, Equipment, and PPE
Electric Pallet Jack, Mechanical Pallet Jack, Mechanical Tote Lift, Fork Lift, Pocket Knife/Box Cutter, DIN Spanner Wrench, Assorted Wrenches and Screw Drivers, Rubber Mallet, Safety Glasses, Safety-toe, slip-resistant boots, dust mask/respirator, chemical/heat resistant gloves, face shield, bump cap.
While performing the duties of this position, the shift brewer is exposed to inside and outside environmental conditions, including but not limited to; extreme heat, potential for physical injury, exposure to hot fluids, pressurized vessels and transfer lines, strong odors, chemicals, loud regular noise, extreme heights, and moving machinery.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
TWO ROADS BREWING COMPANY
TWO ROADS BREWING COMPANY