Maintenance Technician - 2nd shift
Revolution Brewery has an exciting opportunity for a motivated and experienced multi-craft maintenance technician, located out of our production brewery in Chicago, IL. This shift is scheduled for 1pm-9:30pm (2nd shift) Monday-Friday most weeks (some Fridays are PM days that are 1st shift), with rotating on-call during for evenings and weekends. The brewery is located in the Avondale neighborhood, off the Belmont blue line and Belmont/Kedzie I-90/94 highway exit.
This is a full-time, hourly position with pay commensurate with experience. Revolution is a great place to work and offers an excellent benefits package including paid time off, health/dental/vision insurances, 401(K) with company match, and more!
Our Maintenance Tech's troubleshoot, maintain, and repair automated processing equipment, HVAC/R, and building systems to maintain a state of maximum equipment readiness. This position requires a high level of electrical aptitude, among many other trade skills. In addition, this role:
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair brewing, packaging and facilities equipment. Works on packaging line machinery breakdowns as they happen and repairs brewery equipment. Current equipment includes a KHS filler, continuous motion cartoner, COMAC line for kegs, and a 4-vessel brewhouse with mash and lauter tuns, malt mill, and more.
- Maintain facilities equipment including HVAC, refrigeration, air compressors, and glycol chillers. Repairs in-house HVAC, boilers, cooling systems, and filtration systems, along with other in-house equipment.
- Ability to work independently on equipment and troubleshoot independently as first action
- Continuously works on maintenance work order request log and assigned PM’s.
- Proactively identify and implement improvements to plant and production efficiency.
- Document work accomplishment and resources needed for future work as required.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with staff as needed throughout the day.
- Must travel to Milwaukee Ave Brewpub to perform PM’s/maintain equipment and or repair equipment. Assist or guide Facilities Technician as needed for building maintenance, depending on work order specifications.
- Skilled, multi-craft technician with packaging and brewery experience. Low pressure steam experience. EPA Universal certification desired. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- 5-10+ years experience as multi-craft technician in manufacturing required; packaging / bottling line experience is preferred.
- High school/GED with trade/technical college desired. Associates degree education or military engineering experience is encouraged as well.
- Areas of expertise should include some or all of the following: electrical, pneumatic, mechanical and computer skills.
- Able to read schematics, drawings and equipment manuals.
- Experience maintaining building facilities equipment including HVAC/R, boilers, compressors, and chillers.
- Previous experience working with a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to enter work orders and complete preventative maintenance inspections.
- Good time management and communication skills. Must be able to multi-task and stay focused on objectives for the day. Good troubleshooting and exceptional work ethic required.
- Quality, safety and efficiency concerns need quick judgment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Able to lift 50-60 lbs, must regularly lift and/or move up to 10lbs throughout shift
- Able to climb ladders up to 20 feet.
- Able to operate fork truck for long periods of time.
- Able to work in an environment with high noise levels.
- Able to bend at knees to lift objects and stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Able to frequently duck under conveyors/equipment.
- Able to climb stairs multiple times during a shift.
- Able to wear required Personal Protective Equipment.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus and the ability to see color; either with or without accommodation.
- The ability to work in loud, wet, cold, hot, indoor and outdoor environments frequently.
Your application has been successfully submitted.