Analytics Manager (Center of Excellence)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About Manhattan Beer Distributors
What’s Our Vision and Purpose?
At Manhattan Beer Distributors, our vision is to be the leading beer distributor in the market. Imagine building a business from the ground up, with nothing more than 1 truck, 4,000 square feet of warehouse space, 2 beer brands, and a lot of determination! Simon Bergson, founder and CEO of Manhattan Beer Distributors, has done exactly this, growing our business over the last 40+ years to incredible heights. Manhattan Beer Distributors now has 400 trucks, 1.5 million square feet of warehouse space, and the distribution rights to over 300 brands. Servicing 15 counties in the metro-NY area, Manhattan Beer Distributors is now one of the largest beer and beverage distributors in the country. Our aim is to provide great service to all of our customers from the convenience store owner to our big chain operators, restaurants, bars and hotels. Hard work, grit and a “can do” spirit are our hallmarks.
Come Join Our Family…
We couldn’t do what we do without our team. Not only do we want to develop our brands and our business, we want to develop our people, making Manhattan Beer Distributors a great place to work. It doesn’t matter how large we get; we’ll always be family. For this reason, we are committed to your success, coaching, and development. Our business is growing, and we need smart and talented people like you to help us get where we want to be!
About the Role
As the Manager of our newly-formed Analytics Center of Excellence, you will be responsible for developing and leading our Analytics team. This will include shaping and executing an analytics strategy for our entire organization and managing a team of analytics specialists aligned with our departments.
We are a profitable and growing leader in our industry, and this role presents the unique opportunity to build a multi-faceted analytics organization from its inception. We seek a well-rounded subject matter expert with an entrepreneurial spirit who can launch and lead our Analytics efforts at Manhattan Beer Distributors.
- Overall management of Analytics Center of Excellence and cross-functional team of data specialists.
- Interpret data workflows within our organization and identify new sources of and applications for data.
- Develop a roadmap for our Analytics team and prioritize areas of work based on business needs and industry trends.
- Generate analytics insights and tools that can be disseminated throughout the entire organization, ensuring proper selection of methodologies, techniques, KPIs, and metrics.
- Build datasets as required.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across various functions (sales, marketing, customer service, operations etc.) to deliver insights and work planning, using appropriate data.
- Project management for introduction, development and implementation of new analytical tools and dashboards.
- Source and recommend analytics tools, platforms and software as required.
Skills & Experience
The ideal hire will possess both technical and commercial experience. The role calls for an understanding of data architecture & systems; statistics and analytical models; and practical business knowledge. Specifically, we are looking for the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Analytics, or related fields.
- Experience in the retail and/or the beverage/beer industry is a strong plus.
- 5+ years of experience delivering analytics solutions within a data-driven environment.
- Minimum of two years of experience managing a team in a technical environment.
- Skills and training in predictive modeling, data mining and other quantitative and research methods (e.g. Linear and Non-linear Models, Multivariate Analysis, Bayesian Methods, etc.).
- Strong ability in SAS, SQL, R or other programming languages.
- Proficiency in scripting languages and ability to build algorithms to tackle statistical problems.
- Experience working with analytics and data visualization tools such as PowerBI, Board, Tableau, or others.
- Ability to establish vision and growth plans for an Analytics team.
- Deep understanding of the data analytics landscape, including industry trends.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a particular aptitude for presentation.
Location: Based in our Bronx, NY head office with remote flexibility
Your application has been successfully submitted.