Entry Level Credit Clerk/Analyst
This job is no longer accepting applications.
This role is based in our Bronx office, but will be remote for the foreseeable future.
What’s Our Vision and Purpose?
At Manhattan Beer Distributors, our vision is to be the leading beer distributor in the market.
Imagine building a business from the ground up, with nothing more than 1 truck, 4000 feet of warehouse space, 2 Beer Brands and a lot of determination! Simon Bergson, founder and owner of Manhattan Beer Distributors, has done exactly this, growing our business over the last 40 years to exponential heights. Manhattan Beer Distributors now has 1.5 million feet of warehouse space, the distribution rights to 300 brands, 400 trucks and services 15 counties. Our aim is to provide great service to all of our customers from the convenience store owner to our big chain operators, restaurants, bars and hotels.
Hard work, grit and a “can do” spirit are our hallmarks.
Come Join Our Family…..
We couldn’t do what we do without our team. Not only do we want to develop our brands and our business, we want to develop our people, making Manhattan Beer Distributors a great place to work. It doesn’t matter how large we get, we’ll always be family. For this reason, we are committed to your success, coaching and development.
Our business is growing and we need smart and talented people like you to help us get where we want to be!
Are you detail oriented, quick to learn and have superior time management skills? Are you a self-starter, critical thinker and willing to go the extra mile in an innovative department? If so, Manhattan Beer Distributors is looking for a Credit Clerk/Analyst.
How Will You Contribute?
The Credit Analyst performs crucial account review and maintenance, empowering the entire credit team and the organization to achieve financial health and profitability.
Your Main Focus:
- Manage full accounts receivable cycle from delivery to close for assigned geographical area (between 2500-3000 accounts).
- Ensure all notes are properly updated for all accounts.
- Maintain accurate A/R balance, to ensure that accounts enter collections within the appropriate time frame.
- Review accounts and run appropriate reports on key metrics such as return checks, accounts receivable status, past due and other KPIs as needed.
- Prepare various or period accounts receivable reports on assigned areas and metrics .
- Flag accounts prior to collections status to avoid agency fees, maximizing profitability for the company.
- Promptly respond to internal and external customer inquiries via phone (average of 1500 calls on a monthly basis).
- Promptly respond to written internal and external inquiries regarding account status .
- Work with payment applications.
- Degree preferred.
- Some experience in a high volume credit or collections role or comparable administrative experience.
- Call center and customer service experience is desirable.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint). Advanced skills a plus.
- Sound time management and organizational ability.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Capacity to build relationships and a customer service mindset.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Your application has been successfully submitted.