Human Resources Risk Coordinator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
What’s Our Vision and Purpose?
At Manhattan Beer Distributors, our vision is to be the leading beer distributor in the market.
Imagine building a business from the ground up, with nothing more than 1 truck, 4000 feet of warehouse space, 2 Beer Brands and a lot of determination! Simon Bergson, founder and owner of Manhattan Beer Distributors, has done exactly this, growing our business over the last 40 years to exponential heights. Manhattan Beer Distributors now has 1.5 million feet of warehouse space, the distribution rights to 300 brands, 400 trucks and services 15 counties. Our aim is to provide great service to all of our customers from the convenience store owner to our big chain operators, restaurants, bars and hotels.
Hard work, grit and a “can do” spirit are our hallmarks.
Come Join Our Family…..
We couldn’t do what we do without our team. Not only do we want to develop our brands and our business, we want to develop our people, making Manhattan Beer Distributors a great place to work. It doesn’t matter how large we get, we’ll always be family. For this reason, we are committed to your success, coaching and development.
Our business is growing and we need smart and talented people like you to help us get where we want to be!
Do you have a strong working knowledge of leave of absence policies and procedures? Do you have a customer service mindset, with impeccable attention to detail and follow through? Is a passion for HR and people practice part of your DNA? If so, we are looking for a Risk Coordinator in our Human Resources department.
*This role is based in our Bronx office, but will be remote for the foreseeable future.
Your Main Focus Will Be:
- Process and investigate workers Compensation, FMLA and Disability Research, survey, and provide follow up when necessary.
- Determine eligibility for benefits based on legal regulations and company policies while meeting timelines.
- Perform transactional data entry into systems with a high degree of accuracy. Scan, organize, and file documentation.
- Facilitate return to work programs.
- Utilize outside and inside resources to service employees.
- Maintain open communication with departmental leads to ensure coordination of department needs. Educate on company processes and claim status.
- Prepare for and attend incident investigation and claims review meetings.
- Serve as a back up to the PFL administrator.
- Document activities and updates in the electronic claims management systems.
- Ensure impeccable record keeping in company HRIS system.
- Run reports on required metrics.
- Provide exceptional customer service and actively contribute to performance objectives
- Responsible for maintaining and protecting personal health information. Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Assist in HR initiatives as needed
- Degree desired.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in HR with specific experience handling a high volume of leave of absence cases.
- Working knowledge of FMLA, NYPFL, Disability and Worker’s Comp.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint). Advanced skills a plus.
- Experience with HRIS systems. Kronos experience highly beneficial.
- Bilingual preferred (English and Spanish).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Your application has been successfully submitted.