Assistant Delivery Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
What’s Our Vision and Purpose?
At Manhattan Beer Distributors, our vision is to be the leading beer distributor in the market.
Imagine building a business from the ground up, with nothing more than 1 truck, 4000 feet of warehouse space, 2 Beer Brands and a lot of determination! Simon Bergson, founder and owner of Manhattan Beer Distributors, has done exactly this, growing our business over the last 40 years to exponential heights. Manhattan Beer Distributors now has 1.5 million feet of warehouse space, the distribution rights to 300 brands, 400 trucks and services 15 counties. Our aim is to provide great service to all of our customers from the convenience store owner to our big chain operators, restaurants, bars and hotels.
Hard work, grit and a “can do” spirit are our hallmarks.
Come Join Our Family…..
We couldn’t do what we do without our team. Not only do we want to develop our brands and our business, we want to develop our people, making Manhattan Beer Distributors a great place to work. It doesn’t matter how large we get, we’ll always be family. For this reason, we are committed to your success, coaching and development.
Our business is growing and we need smart and talented people like you to help us get where we want to be!
Are you looking for challenge, career growth and the opportunity to hone your supervisory skills? Do you have highly developed critical thinking skills and analytical ability? Are you a strong team player with a work ethic second to none? If so, Manhattan Beer Distributors is looking for an Assistant Delivery Manager.
This position is ideal for a capable and ambitious individual accustomed to working in a high volume environment under tight deadlines.
How Will You Contribute?
Your Main Focus Will Be:
- Overseeing the loading of trucks to ensure accuracy of pallets.
- Monitoring daily efficiency of the delivery process, ensuring that all customer delivery windows are met.
- Runs the department in the absence of the Delivery Manager.
- Assist the Delivery Manager in the routing process for trucks.
- Assist the Delivery Manager in driving cost control for metrics such as breakage and overtime.
- Maintaining a safe operating environment for all warehouse crew, ensuring that safety standards and protocol are enforced.
- Implementing and overseeing DOT regulations for drivers. Ensure drivers maintain proper credentials.
- Communicating and monitoring standards of professionalism for all customer facing positions and warehouse crew in general.
- Overseeing a crew of 70+ drivers and helpers.
- Assist the Delivery Manager in execution of our non-CDL driver training program.
- Associates Degree a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience, including overseeing others in a supervisory role.
- Direct experience supervising drivers and the delivery process.
- Warehouse and distribution experience in a high volume environment.
- Understands the concept of FIFO and has slotting experience.
- Familiarity and comfort level with warehousing technology. EoStar and Vocalect a plus.
- Familiarity with routing technology and routing experience. Roadnet a plus.
- Knowledge of DOT and OSHA regulations.
- Experience working with a unionized crew a plus.
- Driving experience helpful.
- CDL a strong plus.
- Detail oriented, with ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Continuous desire to improve.
- Basic familiarity with MicroSoft Excel and Word. Advanced skills a plus.
Your application has been successfully submitted.