Artisanal Brewing Ventures (ABV) is a top 10 regional craft alcohol company in the US, made up of 5 long standing, successful craft brands. Currently we’re made up of four breweries (Victory Brewing, Bold Rock, Sixpoint, Southern Tier Brewing) and one distillery (Southern Tier Distilling). We have locations in 5 states (NY, PA, OH, VA, NC) including taprooms, production facilities and our corporate headquarters.
WHAT WE DO
We believe beer is culture, but Sixpoint’s culture starts with the people who make up the brand. We are the Mad Scientists. We are grounded in fundamentals, emancipated by our imagination; we are ahead of our time.
We are not afraid to take risks, because we believe in each other and we believe in ourselves and we want others who share that same outlook. We look for the brightest, most passionate people to bring their experience to join our Brooklyn, NY team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Reporting to the Head Brewer of Sixpoint, you will work as part of the Red Hook Brewing team in Brooklyn, NY to produce top quality and consistent beer in the safest and most efficient way possible from raw material through to packaging.
Recipe for Success
- Passion for people and beer
- You have experience in successfully creating beer recipes
- Increased industry expertise, through brewing and training opportunities
- A “marathon mindset” – meticulous planner, tenacious and determined
- Strong judgment, professional maturity, and unimpeachable integrity
- Highly motivated, self-starting, and resourceful
- Ability to work independently and within a team to accomplish goals
- Ability to manage expense reporting & monitor employee expenses
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Cicerone Level I / Level II Certification preferred
- Effective time management, particularly ability to multitask, prioritize and plan around different responsibilities and initiatives
- Oversight of the production of beer and handling of raw material through to packaging
- Maintaining and upholding safety standards in the brewhouse
- Contributing to the collective creativity of recipe development as well as taking an active role in developing new beer ideas
- Weighing & handling malt
- Operating the brew house
- Transferring wort/ beer while reducing avoidable losses and decreasing production time wherever possible
- CIP of fermentation & conditioning vessels
- Shipping & receiving of raw materials and finished product
- Keg washing & filling
- Record keeping & data entry
- General housekeeping
- Routine preventative maintenance
- Assisting with onsite & offsite events
- Pilot brewing of recipes as necessary
- Assist with the loading of raw materials and process aids in the product at various production stages
- Knowledge of each beer recipe and adherence
A variety of benefits including: training programs, excellent healthcare, a 401k program with company match, and a competitive compensation package.
- Ability to lift/move up to 50lbs
- Willingness to travel to partner facilities nationwide occasionally/as needed
Mad Scientists Only Need Apply:
We are the Mad Scientists. We are grounded in fundamentals, emancipated by our imagination; we are ahead of our time. We believe in living on the fringe, and surfing on the cusp. We are not afraid to take risks, because we believe in each other and we believe in ourselves. We believe the ultimate formulations are out there in our universe, and we must find them. Our highest truth is authenticity. We believe in connecting people through stories, formulas, design and culture. Innovation through formulation. Beer is culture! Lead the Charge.
Candidate should be able to lift at least 30 lbs. from ground level and should also be able to move 165 lbs. of kegged beer from one location to another. Physically capable of standing for long periods of time and able to kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl.
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Artisanal Brewing Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Your application has been successfully submitted.