This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re hiring a full-time assistant brewer + cellar person who will work closely with brewery leadership, and assist in day-to-day operations. The assistant brewer must have at least 1(+) years of experience in a professional brewery setting.We are looking for a highly motivated, hard-working assistant-level brewer, with an unwavering commitment to quality and continuous improvement. The individual is expected to learn quickly and take initiative within this role. Long Live Beerworks encourages its team to pursue ongoing knowledge of industry standards and trends.This position requires the flexibility to assist where needed, with the opportunity for growth in responsibility. Mechanical experience (even outside of brewing) or laboratory experience are strong pluses. A positive attitude, high level of cleanliness, safety, and attention to detail is mandatory for the position.
- Milling, malt handling
- Executing weekly wort production according to SOPs and production plan on a 15BBL brewhouse
- Recording detailed data on brewhouse operations
- Keeping track of inventory
- Executing scheduled brewhouse CIPs according to SOPs
- Executing fermenter CIPs according to SOPs
- Yeast pitching/management
- Fermentation management: gravities, dry hopping, carbonating, dropping, etc
- Transferring beer
- Ensure the cleanliness and upkeep of all areas you work in
- Must prioritize the safety of yourself and other team members at all times and strive to constantly improve the safety of your work environment
- Participate in regular deep cleaning efforts around the brewery
- Participate in scheduled in-house maintenance and upkeep according to SOPs and preventative maintenance plans
- Receiving and storing raw materials at the dock, unloading trucks. Forklift experience is a plus.
- Participate in weekly packaging responsibilities (cans, bottles, kegs)
- Timeliness to shift, with ongoing communication with manager to ensure efficiency and accuracy of daily commitments
- Self-driven, with proficiency in time management, and the ability to complete daily assigned tasks
* This is not an exhaustive list and applicants should be ready and willing to lend a hand where necessary to ensure our growing production operates as accurately and smoothly as possible. We ask that all of our employees operate with an openness and willingness to learn from each other and lend support when needed.
This full-time position includes access to both health + dental coverage, as well as a 401(k) program.
Interested individuals please email your resume + cover letter to:
Your application has been successfully submitted.