Key Accounts Manager
Fremont Brewing Company is hiring a full-time Key Accounts Manager. The role of the Key Accounts Manager is responsible for building and maintaining strong, mutually-beneficial relationships with Fremont Brewing’s key retail partners. The ideal candidate will possess the required experience while motivated to develop their role within our small but rapidly expanding company. This job will be based out of Seattle, WA, but require approximately 30% travel time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage FBC’s business with key on and off-premise retailers to gain new distribution and promotional activity, both by calling directly on retail buyers as well as collaborating with distributors.
- Develop and communicate programs, distribution updates, pricing, and promotional activity to retail partners, Fremont sales team and management, and key account personnel at distributors.
- Develop and deliver presentations to key retailers which incorporate IRI and market data analysis that build strong business relationships and increase FBC sales
- Provide regular business updates to Director of Sales and other senior FBC management.
- Plan and execute regular meetings with key account / chain personnel at FBC distributors.
- Manage and track execution of programs and promotional activity with key retailers. Provide regular updates to retail partners, distributors, FBC management and sales team.
- Create and maintain profiles for top 20 retailers / call points.
- Manage both monthly and annual financial budgets to control cost and leverage FBC’s financial resources effectively.
- Provide feedback on competitive marketing activities and sales trends.
- Provide input to FBC management regarding future marketing plan development.
- A passion for craft beer
- Ability to answer the question, “Why Does Beer Matter?”
- Minimum of four-year degree, preferably in business or marketing
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with craft beer sales
- A minimum of 3 years working with off and on premise chains
- A minimum of 3 years’ beer industry sales data resources, including VIP and syndicated data sources such as IRI
- Strong data-analysis skills
- Strong existing relationships with regional and national chain buyers
- Strong understanding of beer distributor corporate structure and mechanics
- Proven detail-orientation and database/inventory management proficiency
- Financial acumen and problem-solving capacity
- A demonstrated skill set in relationship management
- Ability to identify new business opportunities and quantify returns
- Strong sense of humor and the ability to laugh at her/himself
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent time management and ability to work independently
- Strong computer skills (web-based email, Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint)
- Valid driver’s license and squeaky-clean driving record
- Must be at least 21 years’ old
- Previous experience working with sports arenas, venues, and airports
- Previous experience working with new/expanding territories
- Knowledge of the brewing process
- Alcoholic beverage supplier or distributor chain sales management
- MAST class 12 Mixologist permit
- A class 13 permit
- Outgoing personality that loves working with all walks of life. Seriously.
- Knowledge of draft systems …like, for beer.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time (8-10 hours)
- Ability to sit for long periods of sitting in a car or at a desk (8-10 hours)
- Ability to move heavy materials (lifting up to 55 pounds, moving up to 160 pounds)
- Ability to work in hot and cold environments
- Competitive pay based on experience and qualifications
- 401(k) with match
- Medical, dental, vision, long term disability, and life insurance
- Discounted ORCA pass
- Paid time off and paid holidays
Fremont Brewing offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, a dynamic and rewarding work environment and growth for dedicated and committed employees.
Fremont Brewing provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
Your application has been successfully submitted.