Founded in 2016, WestFax Brewing Company is a growing and award winning Colorado craft brewery located on West Colfax Avenue in Lakewood, CO. We are a rapidly growing taproom focused brewery that focuses on curating a fun and positive environment for all to enjoy a craft beer experience in our spacious taproom and beer garden. Additionally we are opening up a second taproom in Colorado Springs, CO, we are located next to the infamous Casa Bonita, and have a statewide distribution footprint. We value high-quality customer service, leadership, teamwork, authenticity, creativity, and problem solving in our staff.
WHO ARE YOU?
Safety and Quality are your first priorities and you are ready to wear multiple hats. You are a collaborative self-starter who does whatever needs to be done with a positive attitude and solution-oriented mindset. You’re able to motivate, lead and guide our production team towards accomplishing its goals. No task is too small for you; you thrive on creativity, learning, and problem solving. You love Colorado and are passionate about its craft beer.
As the Head Brewer of WestFax Brewing Company you are responsible for beer production and overall brewery operations. You will have ownership over the entire process from gain to glass. We are looking for a self-motivated, energetic, and passionate individual to lead all aspects of beer production, including safety, quality, recipe formulation, schedule, and packaging. You will also need to interact with other brewers and have a presence in the local industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain safety and health standards as well as our OSHA compliant safety program
- Manage our QA system/plans and ensure overall product quality
- Manage all production processes, must be able to execute all aspects of the production process from grain to glass.
- Develop new recipes to meet market demands and trends
- Record and keep impeccable production records to include gravities, temperatures, brew, fermentation, cellar and overall production process information.
- TTB and state excise tax reporting
- Manage, monitor and maintain inventory
- Lead and supervise all brewery staff
- Manage the monthly cost of goods budget
- Select and order raw materials to be used throughout the brewing process; i.e., grain, hops, yeast
- Manage hop contracts and contract balances
- Manage maintenance schedule
- Work with marketing, sales, and taproom team to help sell and promote our beer
- Availability to represent WestFax at onsite and offsite events
- Continually improve our processes, equipment, and product
- Flexible to work a rotating schedule as business needs arise (including nights, weekends)
- Position requires standing for long periods of time (up to 12 hours), bending, stooping, twisting, and lifting
- Lift raw materials up to 55lbs and manipulate kegs weighing up to 165lbs.
- Routine pushing, pulling, reaching, upper body and arm rotation, arm extension, and climbing ladders
- Some exposure to moderate noise levels in/around brewing area
- Exposure to various temperature changes
- Able to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (ear plugs, gloves, steel toe boots, etc.)
- Minimum 3-5+ years experience in the craft brewing industry
- Degree in Brewing Science or Technology or related field preferred, but not required
- Familiarity with fundamentals and operating a small canning line (i.e., Wild Goose Gosling) preferred by not required
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to lead and supervise brewery staff
- Focused problem-solver with the ability to stay calm and work under pressure and deadlines
- Comfortable with computers and technology, proficient with Google Workspace or Microsoft office
- Knowledge and experience with Beer30 (not required but a plus)
- Willingness to continue education and help drive innovation
- A passion for craft beer
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
This position is Salary/Exempt: $50,000 - $65,000 per year
Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
Beer and Merchandise Allowance
Paid Time Off
Bonus Available for exceptional work
We are an equal opportunity employer and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and in compliance with all applicable laws of the United States and Colorado. Please email a thoughtful cover letter and resume.
Your application has been successfully submitted.