Assistant General Manager, Everett Taproom & Beer Gardens
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Summary of Position: Working under the direction of the General Manager, the Assistant General Manager (AGM) is a leader in the Taproom organization. The successful candidate leads by example and sets the tone and standards for excellence, with a focus on consistently high-quality customer service. They are constantly looking for ways to improve this experience through Taproom practices & procedures. They have a clear understanding of both company and departmental goals and their specific role in achieving those goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Assist in conducting staff daily pre-shift meetings. Maintains positive relations with staff through timely and complete communication of all items concerning their areas of supervision, both individually and as a whole departmentally.
● Provide daily performance-based coaching and feedback to Taproom Supervisors and staff and assess individual performance on an ongoing basis.
● Ensure Taproom cleanliness & maintenance consistently meets our exceptionally high standards. Maintain appropriate procedures and related checklists and assigns personnel as required to complete needed tasks.
● Assist GM in personnel leadership through recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training & managing taproom staff. Sets proper staffing levels and weekly scheduling to meet high service level standards while maintaining staffing costs at an appropriate level.
● Executes Taproom training plan to ensure all personnel is cross-trained in all roles (bar, retail, door, etc). Keep operating procedures and training materials current.
● Champions continuous improvement.
● Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately and on time.
● Assist in monitoring sales performance through the analysis of sales reports. Has P&L awareness and accountability.
● Reinforce Night Shift Brewing’s policies and procedures.
Education & Experience:
● High School Diploma or equivalent required
● TIPS and/or ServSafe Certified
● Crowd Manager Certified
● Minimum 7+ years hospitality experience required
● Minimum 5+ years of management experience required
● Brewery experience a plus
● Knowledge of the history of Night Shift Brewing
● Knowledge of customer and personal service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting company standards for service, and ensuring customer satisfaction
● Knowledge of beer production & packaging
● Knowledge of POS systems, scheduling software, and office applications.
● Staff leadership, motivation, and development.
● Time management, multi-tasking & prioritization
● Convey information effectively, electronically and in person
● Cross-departmental relationship building
● Create and communicate a schedule for Taproom staff
● Perform sales transactions in POS system for beer and merchandise sales
● Ability to use word-processing and spreadsheet software
● Eagerness for listening to ideas, questions, and feedback
● An amiable personality and confidence in social interactions
● Strong work ethic
● Exercise discretion in handling and disseminating financial and non-financial information
● Honesty and trustworthiness
● Practice critical, proactive, universal attention to detail
● Carry a strong sense of grounded optimism, curiosity, and commitment to fun
● Collaborate, communicate, and succeed as a team
● Flexibility to adjust to sudden changes
● Demonstrate trust, respect, and a drive for continuous self-improvement
● Work with a focused balance of urgency and patience
Working Environment: The work for this position is partly performed in a taproom environment, and requires occasional trips to the warehouse and production floor, which involves multiple flights of stairs. The working environment could include:
● Hot, cold, steamy, foggy, wet conditions
● Noise (up to 90 dB)
● Exposure to potentially hazardous chemicals, hot water, cold water, hazardous gases, and pressurized vessels
● Exposure to machinery with moving parts
● Wet floors
● Sitting, standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing
● Seeing, talking, hearing, tasting, and smelling
● Lifting up to 55 pounds and moving up to 170 pounds
● Ability to stand for extended periods of time
● Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop and wipe
● Remain stationary for extended periods of time
Your application has been successfully submitted.