Bartender at Lovejoy Wharf
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Night Shift Lovejoy is a restaurant and brewery on the water at Lovejoy Wharf. Our culture is rooted in a genuine desire to CRAFT BETTER--beer, food, seltzer, experiences and connections. Every position is responsible for embodying the CRAFT BETTER mentality, communicating it within the team and to our guests.
Lovejoy Wharf is reopening in May, and we couldn't be more excited to welcome guests back to the Taproom.
Night Shift Brewing is looking for an energetic, positive, hospitality oriented individual to join us as a Bartender at the Lovejoy Wharf Taproom. This is a great opportunity for a friendly, hardworking individual to join our team. We look for individuals with an interest and passion for beer and guest service.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Make guests feel appreciated and welcome through your actions.
- Always seek meaningful connection with guests and cultivate regulars.
- Have a good time and serve guests with a genuinely positive attitude.
- Convey passion and knowledge for our beer as part of the hospitality experience. Always be humble, recognizing mastery of beer is a life’s work.
- Convey enthusiasm for our food menu. Maintain proper knowledge of the menu and food allergies within dishes.
- Be present and attentive by recognizing visual cues of guests’ needs before they realize what they need.
- Work as a team at all times, inside and out of service, always looking to support one another and prioritize on behalf of the guest.
- Be proactive about keeping the workspace behind the bar and the bar top clean and clear.
- Monitor inventory as needed behind the bar and if a keg kicks alert a fellow bartender when stepping off to flip the keg.
- Review daily tasks checklist to have the bar clean and ready for service.
- Run food, bus tables and contribute to both bar & dining room service.
- Uphold the duties of “Full hands in. Full hands out.”
- Accurately process transactions using the POS system including guest payments and order tracking to ensure proper inventory.
- Understand and follow the steps of service.
- Efficiently balance bar guests and tickets for server’s tables.
- Be punctual and show up to work on time and ready to work.
- Check identification of guests to verify they are of legal drinking age.
- Embrace your responsibility in serving alcohol, get a manager involved whenever you feel a guest is intoxicated.
- Embracing change and desire to grow with Night Shift Brewing.
- Transparency between team members and management.
- Comply with all health, safety and hygiene standards and policies.
- Perform all other duties needed and requested.
Keys to Thriving at Night Shift Lovejoy Wharf:
- Convey Genuine Positivity
- Seek Meaningful Connections with Guests & Co-workers
- Hustle & Love to be Busy
- Always Learning, Always Humble
- All Styles Welcome- Embrace Inclusivity
- Rack Up Assists
The work for this position is performed in a kitchen / taproom environment and requires occasional trips to storage location. The production aspects of this job take place in a working restaurant / brewery environment, which involves the following:
- Hot, cold, steamy, foggy, wet conditions
- Noise (up to 90 dB)
- Exposure to potentially hazardous chemicals, hot water, cold water, hazardous gases, and pressurized vessels
- Exposure to machinery with moving parts
- Wet floors
- Occasional entry into confined spaces
- Sitting, standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing
- Seeing, talking, hearing, tasting, and smelling
- Must be able to stand / move for 8+ hours
Your application has been successfully submitted.