Sales Account Manager-DC/MoCo/NoVA
We are currently looking for a sales account manager to cover the DC, Montgomery County, and Northern Virginia markets. Account managers are responsible for developing and maintaining positive and productive relationships with on and off premise accounts and our distributor partners. This person will be passionate about UNION Craft Brewing and uphold our values while growing sales in their assigned territory. The Sales team member is expected to bring an energetic, passionate, proactive, self-motivated and innovative attitude. This position requires sales ability, a high level of organizational skills, excellent time management, dedication, and exceptional customer service skills.
- Develop understanding of assigned territory--identify and evaluate special opportunities to grow sales and brand recognition.
- Maintain contact and have relationship with key decision maker and influencers throughout account base.
- Work with distributor sales representatives through ride-withs and other sales meetings to increase points of distribution and rate of sale.
- Maintain a schedule of weekly appointments with new and existing accounts, on and off premise.
- Visit a minimum of 10 accounts a day, with 3-5 accounts being quality visits where you meet with buyer or decision maker. plan out visits at least one week in advance. (weekly: 3 order commitments, 1 new placement)
- Set up and participate in various account promotions, displays, distributor ride withs, staff/account trainings, and other industry events monthly (5/month).
- Have constant and open communication with UCB Sales Manager and distributor sales teams.
- Ability to use industry data tools to analyze and develop weekly and monthly sales strategy.
- Perform administrative tasks including, but not limited to: weekly recaps, monthly calendar, sales analysis.
- Utilize CRM to provide detailed notes after each account visit, ensuring thorough end of day and weekly reporting.
- Respond to all communications (including emails, calls and text messages), both internal and external, in a timely manner.
- Identify new markets that are not being penetrated and develop plan to establish business relationships with these accounts.
- Must be able to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Take ownership of the territory they cover and manage.
- Must have a positive attitude, an outgoing personality, and be able to develop and maintain customer relationships
- 1-2 years of sales experience
- Knowledge of beer styles, the brewing process, and the beer industry
- Reside in the same area as the covered territory; DC, Montgomery County, Northern Virginia
- Flexibility-must be willing to work nights and weekends, as needed
- Exceptional time management skills
- Able to maintain excellent customer service and high level of ethics while working under pressure.
- Independent and driven by own desire to succeed
- Charisma, energy, and a desire to have fun; can stay motivated with little guidance or oversight
- Excellent follow-through & problem solving skills
- Comfortable using CRM software, VIP/KARMA preferred
- Familiarity with Google Docs & Sheets
- Certified Beer Server through the Cicerone program
- Total expected compensation of $45,000-$60,000 based on experience.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) + Employer match
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Opportunity for employee ownership
- Flexible schedule
**UNION Craft Brewing values diversity and promotes an inclusive environment. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please submit a cover letter answering: Why do you want to work with us, and why should we hire you? Don’t forget to attach your resume. Send to HR@unioncraftbrewing.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.
UNION Craft Brewing