Bright Penny Brewing is a family owned and operated business located in Mebane, NC. We operate 2 Taprooms and a 10BBL Brewhouse where we strive to make world class beer. We are looking for a passionate and hardworking production team member who can help strengthen and build our growing team. The ideal team member will be able to follow direction, but also can work independently and has an eye to see the overall objective and take steps to help the team achieve our goals.
The Assistant Brewer is responsible for assisting with Cellar operations including cleaning and sanitation of all Cellar equipment and areas. They will also have a hand in Brewhouse operations and will assist in wort production, equipment maintenance and cleaning.
- Come in on time and prepared to work
- Wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as required per each task
- Following all written SOP’s and technical data sheets regarding any use of chemicals
- Performing CIP and SIP procedures on all Cellar and Brewhouse Equipment
- Ability to complete logs and track fermentation process in brewery management software
- Maintaining Inventory and cleanliness of Cold Room
- Maintaining Cleanliness of Lab Area and Sanitation areas
- Wash kegs on the automated keg washer
- Assist with kegging, canning and bottling all finished products
- Assisting with Brewhouse operation including wort production, grain out procedure, and CIP of mash tun, boil kettle and heat exchanger
- Performing gravity readings, dry hop, fruit additions, cold crash, yeast harvests and drops
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all hop and grain storage areas
- Help keep brewhouse and cellar vessels /area clean and organized
- Safely operate pallet stacker, pallet jacks, hand trucks and other equipment
- Ability to drive a company vehicle to assist with deliveries between taprooms and brewhouse
- Occasional help with onsite and offsite events including beer festivals
- Ability to lift 60 lbs unassisted, and lift/move 165 lb kegs with assistance
- Previous Cellar or Brewing experience preferred
- Brewing Education preferred
- 1-2 years minimum experience in the Craft Beer industry is preferred
Your application has been successfully submitted.