Manager, People Business Partner
Sapporo USA and Stone Brewing have come together to form one of the top 15 largest breweries in the United States, building on the strong legacies of our celebrated heritages. We brew badass beers on both coasts at our breweries in Escondido, CA and Richmond, VA, and create amazing experiences at our Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens and Taproom locations. We’ve enjoyed a rich history following our passion and are in search of people who are equally passionate about pursuing their craft to join the team.
The People Business Partner, California Operations will execute our people strategies and priorities with a focus on continuing to elevate the team member experience and put people first. This role provides HR coaching and support to both leaders and team members for our Brewing, Logistics and Supply Chain operations in Southern California. The People Business Partner also collaborates with the broader People Team in bringing our programs, policies, and processes to life in our fast-paced environment.
- Build trusted relationships with internal business partners and team members to understand their business needs, challenges, and business objectives
- Proactively identify the needs of our California Operations teams and develop strategic solutions that take the organization forward, while sharing best practices across the People Team
- Coach and support people leaders and team members on employee relations matters bringing resolutions in line with the company’s values and standards of conduct
- Support recruiting and staffing needs for the California Operations teams, partnering with Talent Acquisition and developing partnerships with local organizations as needed to attract qualified candidates for roles
- Drive performance management process and talent management opportunities, leveraging our processes and tools
- Partner with team leaders on defining career development and training infrastructure to support the advancement and skill building of the Operations team
- Facilitate internal promotions, compensation analysis and salary adjustments
- Lead organization-wide initiatives, providing creative input and driving execution of key programs on behalf of the People Team
- Assess and identify ways to continually improve our culture and engagement, leveraging engagement initiatives including our annual survey and action planning process
- Field questions from team members regarding People programs and benefits
- Collaborate with key cross-functional partners such as Payroll, Legal and Safety
- Ensure compliance and adherence to the company’s internal policies and procedures and external regulations and laws
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or another related discipline
- 5-8 years of HR business partner or generalist experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability in creative problem-solving with an interest in bringing progressive solutions to move the organization forward
- Team player with a focus on collaboration
- Experience in navigating and leading organizational change
- Strong presence and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence, provide coaching and feedback, and build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Strong sense of urgency with ability to prioritize effectively and drive for results in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated high level of operating with integrity and confidentiality
- Experience in leveraging people data and analytics to support business decisions
- Extensive knowledge of local employment law
- Solid computer skills are required with experience leveraging HR systems and compiling presentations and data using the Microsoft Office suite
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
- Annual Salary Range: $100,000 - $110,000
- Annual Bonus Plan: 5% of Annual Salary
- Comprehensive Health Insurance, 401K, and Bonuses for Eligible Team Members
- Company beer perks program and discounts
- Paid Time Off – including Vacation accrual, Sick Leave, and 12 paid Holidays
- Benefit programs supporting Financial Wellness, Health & Wellness and Career Development
Sapporo USA and Stone Brewing is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship status, various ability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression of an otherwise qualified individual, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. Sapporo USA and Stone Brewing hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Sapporo USA and Stone Brewing seeks to build a culturally diverse staff where differences are valued and respected. Women, minorities, individuals with various abilities, veterans, LGBTQ+ and intersectional individuals are encouraged to apply.
$100,000 - $110,000
Your application has been successfully submitted.