Bartender - Liberty Hill
We have part-time and full-time positions available at this time. This position would begin upon the opening of our Liberty Hill taproom. We are expected to open by the end of March. The position is part-time with the opportunity to pick up additional shifts. We are looking for someone with the ability to work at our Liberty Hill location.
Whitestone Brewery is looking for a professional, high-energy bartender with excellent communication skills to serve craft beer to our customers. Here at Whitestone Brewery we pride ourselves on the quality of our beer, superb ambience and outstanding service that we offer our valued customers.
We are looking for engaging, friendly, and personable employees who are also efficient, observant, and knowledgeable. In this role you will greet customers, learn about their preferences, answer questions, recommend menu items, and serve beverages. You will also up-sell items, let customers know about upcoming beer releases and events, sell merchandise, change kegs, and handle other basic cleaning duties.
- Welcoming customers, listening to people to determine craft beer preferences, making recommendations, taking drink orders, and serving customers.
- Informing customers about new beers, upcoming events, and brewery news.
- Checking identification to ensure customers are the legal age to purchase alcohol.
- Replenishing inventory items such as cans, crowlers, towels, etc.
- Changing and lifting kegs.
- Handling cash, credit, and debit card transactions, ensuring charges are accurate and returning correct change to patrons, balancing and closing the cash register.
- Maintaining a clean work and taproom area by removing trash, cleaning tables, stocking bathrooms, and washing glasses and equipment.
- 21+ years of age
- Minimum 1 year experience in the craft beer industry
- High School Diploma
- Current TABC Sellers Certificate
- Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Positive and engaging personality
- Basic math and computer skills
- Works well with others in a small and fast paced environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong task and time management abilities
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, etc. for extended periods, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Employee discount
- Health insurance (full-time only)
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Your application has been successfully submitted.