City Brewing Company, a leading manufacturer in the beverage industry, has an immediate opening for a Production Supervisor at our La Crosse, WI facility. This position will oversee the start-up, operations and completion of assigned production lines including but not limited to: equipment and operator safety, front line quality control checks, proper supplies, instruction on equipment operations, production reporting, material tests, maintaining/improving line efficiencies, and overall packaging employee supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure safety procedures are followed by adherence to Company policies.
- Ensure front line quality check compliance to meet Company quality standards.
- Recommend measures to maintain safe operations, improve production methods, equipment performance and use of equipment to increase efficiency, quality and safety of the department or work crew.
- Study production schedule to ascertain type and quantity of product, containers to be used, codes, package number, planning sequence of production and other packaging requirements.
- Compose weekly staffing schedule based on production requirements to ensure efficient operations and minimal overtime.
- Participate in the appropriate selection and usage of resources (materials, systems, utilities and equipment) required for the effective operations.
- Confer with management, other departments, supervisors, and operators to coordinate activities to assure a safe environment, quality product, and product operations.
- Initiate personnel actions, such as performance evaluations, and disciplinary measures.
- Suggest and initiate plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals. Analyze and resolve work problems or assist workers in solving work problems.
- Assist in internal auditing, such as GMP, HACCP and Safety.
- Ensure compliance with Internal, Federal, State and local guidelines and regulations including GMP, HACCP, OSHA, FDA and TTB.
ADDITIONAL SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Check the machinery of the lines for operational readiness and proper setup.
- Oversee the operations of the lines during production.
- Direct changeovers to assure proper materials are used, proper amounts are produced and proper codes are used.
- Frequently review the operator quality assurance checks throughout the shift.
- At shutdown, be present to assure the proper length of run and that all machinery, conveyors, air, CO2, water and chain lube is shut off.
- Take case counts and record.
- Create work orders for repairs or improvements needed on the lines.
- Supervise training of employees in operations, safety, quality standards, GMP’s and HACCP procedures.
- Minimum High School education. BA/BS in Business, Mechanical/Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Strong background in people skills and hands on front line supervisory experience preferred in the area of packaging.
- Experience in a high-speed packaging environment. Food or beverage production experience preferred.
- Selected candidate must be willing to work any shift, and weekends when necessary, to cover the needs of the business.
City Brewing Company provides a competitive salary and benefit package that includes: Health, Life, Dental and Long Term Disability Insurance; Section 125; 401(k); and more. This position will remain open until filled.
If you are interested in joining our team, email your resume, including salary requirements, to: email@example.com, subject line: Production Supervisor
Your application has been successfully submitted.