Head Brewer – Bullmastiff Brewing
Bullmastiff Brewing is an award-winning brewery located in Penn Valley, CA. We are committed to producing great beer for our great community. Email Jeremy Harland at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Head Brewer oversees the operation and production of our beers and our 10 bbl system located onsite at our brewery/taproom. We are seeking a motivated, passionate, and creative brewer who is looking for a new and exciting opportunity to join a small tight-knit team dedicated to our beer and our community. The Head Brewer is a key leadership role that will work closely with the leadership team and owners to develop strategic plans for product development, brand innovation, and sales growth.
- Oversee daily operations of the production and production team
- Oversee the production of existing and new products
- Oversee all quality control during production, taproom, and distribution
- Strategize and maintain production schedule and maintain inventory for taproom, sales, and events
- Maintain accurate inventory of raw materials and other necessary supplies for production
- Manage and maintain vendor relationships
- Keep accurate and organized production records
- Develop new recipes and plan and execute from production to tap
- Stay in tune with new and emerging trends, styles, ingredients, and processes
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair brewery equipment
- Maintain and create SOPs to ensure that all aspects of brewing operations are complete in a safe, consistent, and efficient manner
- Provide beer information and education to taproom and sales team
- Ensure that brewery equipment and production area is kept clean, organized, and in good working order to meet quality, sanitation, and safety standards.
- Oversee and coordinate brewery maintenance with professional contractors as needed.
Compensation & Benefits
- 5+ years of professional brewing experience
- Hands-on leadership skills and the ability to lead others
- Expert level knowledge of brewing processes, brewery science, and quality control
- Experience in recipe development
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Must be able to regularly lift 55lbs to shoulder height
- Strong work ethic with ability to multi-task, prioritize, and adapt to constantly changing situations
- Positive attitude and excellent problem-solving skills
- Must be punctual and adhere to work schedule
- Availability to work various hours, days, shifts, evenings, overnights, weekends, and holidays
- Must possess the ability to stand for at least 10-12 hours a day.
- Must possess the ability to bend, twist, kneel, and climb stairs and/or ladders frequently
- Ability to work in hot, wet and/or cold conditions
- Ability to work with hazardous mechanical equipment
- Ability to safely use acidic and alkaline chemicals
- Must have a passion and excitement for the craft beer industry and have a desire to be a part of a small and growing company
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Suite, and brewing software
- Salary commensurate with experience
Email Jeremy Harland at email@example.com