Beverage Sales Market Manager - Milwaukee Area
- Visit accounts and create relationships with local accounts in assigned territory. On-premise and off-premise sales visits required.
- Work with retailers to place and sell Stateside Hard Seltzer, a sub-brand within the BSB portfolio of beverages.
- Actively develop and manage distributor personnel including Sales Managers, Operations Management and Sales Reps; effectively train Badger State & Distributor reps to sell Badger State Beer.
- Work with the key customers in trade developing and building brand presence and sales in assigned channels and geography by meeting with each distributor to set targets for distribution (on- and off-premise), volume objectives, financial commitments, and merchandising targets.
- Lead the Key Account Management program by establishing with each distributor specific accounts to gain or expand points of distribution with accounts that are identified as appropriate for the brand.
- Perform all necessary administrative duties relevant to the position (i.e., tracking reports, promotional recaps, expense reports, etc.); reconcile distributor marketing funds monthly with appropriate personnel.
- Work with, train, and motivate distributors on company brands.
- Participate in necessary trade events (industry, retail, and/or consumer) such as wholesaler conferences, trade shows, events, etc.
- Monitor assigned budgets to ensure that spending stays within budget and on strategy.
- Comply with all Badger State policies and procedures, ensuring that all activities are conducted within local, state, and federal laws.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Building and maintaining relationships with distributors and retail partners.
- Selling new and existing brands in both on-premise and off-premise accounts.
- Calling in orders to distributors and following up to make sure beer is delivered.
- Increase shelf space and position in off-premise accounts.
- Assist in maintaining freshness standards for packaged products.
- Well-rounded knowledge of beer styles. Enthusiasm and a self-starter nature is essential.
- Three years of related experience in the beverage industry.
- High level of organization and strong verbal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work special events which include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Valid WI driver’s license.
- Proficiency in document creation
- Potential for extensive road hours and overnight travel as well and night and weekend work activity.
- Must be able to lift and move products up to 165 lbs.
Based on experience. Compensation includes a base salary plus bonus compensation based on goal achievement once training period has been completed. Other incentives can include phone allowance, mileage allowance, and 401k matching plan. Flexible work hours and vacation time are all available and increase with tenure. Badger State Brewing is an independent family-owned company that provides many other benefits not listed here including but not limited to sales clothing reimbursement, tap room and event hall discounts, and beer sampling program.
Badger State Brewing is a rapidly growing beverage company with opportunity for all employees to share in said growth. Wages and salary will be determined based on experience and contributions.