Packaging Line Operator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Firestone Walker Brewing Company began as a small brewery with roots in the wine country on California’s Central Coast. Now a regional craft brewery, our singular purpose remains – to craft the world’s best beers. Passionately in pursuit of the perfect beer… and never satisfied.
The Packaging Line Operator is a designated position responsible for filling packaging orders and the daily operation of supporting equipment across all packaging lines including bottle line, can line, and keg line. To hold this position an operator must be proficient with packaging equipment and quality control parameters. In addition, an operator must lead by example and utilize team-work skills to help the support team work together to increase production throughput and efficiency.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Specifically, the responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
- Follow the production schedule to ensure orders are met on time and in the proper packaging materials
- Ensure quality control is met throughout packaging process
- Help filler operators transfer product from the various cellars utilizing Brewmaxx and monitoring it throughout production runs; maintain knowledge & understanding of beer transfers
- Efficiently operate all equipment at the bottle, keg and can lines including but not limited to bottle labeler, place packer, case sealer, bulk glass depalletizer, box shop equipment, can carton packer, can tray packer, bulk can depalletizer, keg line supporting equipment, palletizer, conveyance, packaging code printers, and package inspection equipment
- Keep all packaging and storage areas sanitized, organized and clean
- Utilize mechanical and troubleshooting capabilities to tune equipment, clean equipment, and maintain equipment so minimal downtime is accrued
- Identify problems on the line and notify management and maintenance as needed for repair
- Other duties as assigned
- Prior experience in manufacturing or similar role. High School Diploma or equivalent, college degree is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment and maintain attention to detail while managing time to meet production goals
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate and use a PC computer
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand for the duration of the work shift; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must repeatedly lift and/or move up to 55 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to maintain and regain balance.
What Firestone Walker Offers:
- Competitive compensation package for an experienced individual with the right skills.
- An excellent benefits package including:
- 100% paid premiums for employee including medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Accrued PTO (rate of 13 days per year)
- Accrued Sick Leave (1 hour for every 30 hours worked) 24 hours max usage per year
- 401(k) retirement plan including company paid profit sharing & matching
- 8 paid holidays per year
Please submit your cover letter and resume with your work experience when applying.
Firestone Walker is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.