This job is no longer accepting applications.
Firestone Walker Brewing Company began as a small brewery with roots in the wine country on California’s Central Coast. Now a regional craft brewery, our singular purpose remains – to craft the world’s best beers. Passionately in pursuit of the perfect beer… and never satisfied.
Firestone Walker’s Paso Robles Campus is looking for experienced forklift operators to work in our warehouse department. The Forklift Operator operates the equipped industrial forklift to move materials from packaging production lines to the warehouse, move materials within the warehouse and to load/unload truck trailers. Positions are for AM and PM shifts and are full time.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Specifically, the responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
- Prior to operating forklift, perform operation and safety check, including battery, brakes, lift controls, and fire extinguisher
- Move controls, devices and levers to drive forklift to transfer materials between unloading, processing, loading, and storage areas
- Load or unload materials off or on to pallets, platforms, skids, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Perform routine inspections to ensure forklift is in good working condition
- Report any damage to racks, equipment, forklift or any other safety hazards
- Follow all forklift and safety rules and policies
- Other duties as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent and two years previous experience operating a forklift and working in a warehouse setting.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally. Ability to read labels and numbers. Ability to comprehend written and oral instructions in English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask. Dependable, reliable and mature enough to handle equipment safely and sensibly.
- Ability to operate and use a PC computer, ability to clock time worked and review and approve timecard each pay period.
- Forklift certification not required, but preferred. Will re-certify once hired.
- Ability to work varying schedules to meet changing needs including late hours.
- Team player with the ability to get along well with co-workers
- Ability lift and/or move up to 55 pounds and regularly lift and/or move up to 150 pounds with assistance
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds and regularly lift and/or move up to 150 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. Employee must have good eye/hand coordination and motor skills.
What Firestone Walker Offers:
- Competitive pay rate for an experienced individual with the right skills.
- An excellent benefits package including:
- 100% paid premiums for employee including medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Accrued PTO (rate of 13 days per year)
- Accrued Sick Leave (1 hour for every 30 hours worked) 24 hours max usage per year
- 401(k) retirement plan including company paid profit sharing & matching
- 8 paid holidays per year
Please submit your resume with your work experience when applying.
Firestone Walker is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.