Brewery & Packaging Maintenance Technician
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Firestone Walker Brewing Company began as a small brewery with roots in the wine country on California’s Central Coast. Now a regional craft brewery, our singular purpose remains – to craft the world’s best beers. Passionately in pursuit of the perfect beer… and never satisfied.
The Brewery & Packaging Maintenance Technician conducts machine set up, troubleshooting, repairs and preventative maintenance service on our brewery and packaging equipment. They are responsible for keeping the packaging lines and all related production support equipment running to its full potential with a minimum amount of downtime. This position will work the overnight/graveyard shift.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Specifically, the responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
- Install and maintain brewery equipment and packaging machinery
- Perform daily inspection of packaging lines & brewery equipment
- Maintain spare parts inventory
- Train leads and operators on proper operation of bottling, canning and kegging machinery
- Rebuild parts as needed
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair brewery & packaging equipment related problems such as mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and electronic
- Provide emergency unscheduled repairs of packaging equipment as needed
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Perform routine preventative maintenance
- Keep records of repairs and develop or make necessary changes to planned maintenance schedule
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and other tools to complete repairs
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent and at least 4 years of experience as a maintenance mechanic preferably on packaging lines in the food or beverage industry
- Strong working knowledge of mechanics and repair
- A basic understanding of electronics, instrumentation and programmable logic controllers (PLCs) in industrial applications
- Electrical, plumbing and pipe fitting skills
- Mechanical, assembly and machining skills
- Must be able to utilize lock out/tag out formachinery
- Ability to read and interpret plans, drawings, prints and schematics, operating manuals, and repair manuals
- Highly motivated and able to work independently with minimal training
- High attention to detail, accuracy and precision
- Strong troubleshooting/problem solving/logic/process of elimination skills
- Must be able to work graveyard/night shift hours
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand or walk for long periods of time, use hands to finger, handle, control, or feel objects tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to bend or twist their body, climb ladders, scaffolds, or poles. Must be able to kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl and maintain or regain their balance. Employee is regularly required to lift and or move up to 55 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 100 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
What Firestone Walker Offers:
- Competitive pay rate for an experienced individual with the right skills.
- An excellent benefits package including:
- 100% paid premiums for employee including medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Accrued PTO (rate of 13 days per year)
- Accrued Sick Leave (1 hour for every 30 hours worked) 24 hours max usage per year
- 401(k) retirement plan including company paid profit sharing & 4% matching
- 8 paid holidays per year
Please submit your cover letter and resume with your work experience when applying.
Firestone Walker is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.