Taproom General Manager
Night Shift Brewing is looking for a passionate leader to help bring our Everett Taproom to the next level! The successful candidate will work with a talented team of supervisors, bartenders, and support staff to bring our Taproom and seasonal Beer Gardens alive, creating a welcoming, comfortable, and high energy atmosphere for all staff and guests.
The primary objective in this role is simple: create and implement revenue-driving, world-class guest experiences at our locations every day of the week. The General Manager will manage all front-of-house activity while delegating and empowering their team to do their best work. The GM will also work in partnership with the Leadership Team to develop service, hospitality, and operations initiatives to improve efficiencies, overall experience, and financial health. Most importantly, the GM will be charged with fostering a culture that makes everyone feel safe, welcome, and excited to be in our space.
What You'll Do...
- Lead team by example to create a positive, inclusive, and productive work environment for all team members
- Identify and implement various initiatives to generate revenue and profitability for the Taproom and Beer Gardens
- Manage all day-to-day operations with passion, integrity, curiosity, and knowledge
- Execute against location-specific KPI's
- Collaborate with the NSB Brewing Team to implement a dynamic beverage program for our Taproom and Beer Garden locations
- Coordinate with the Private Events team to ensure successful execution of private events
- Work closely with the marketing team to create, promote, and execute on public events
- Complete all weekly ordering for all beverages spanning the portfolio of locations
- Assist team with inventory as needed
- Partner with Human Resources for all facets of staff management; hiring, training, coaching, promoting, and terminating as needed
- Approve all timecards and submit weekly tip totals to Payroll for processing
- Write and publish weekly Front of House schedule
- Ensure that all established Food Safety, Alcohol Service, Health Code, and cleanliness practices are being followed at all times
What You Have...
- Minimum of 5 years' hospitality experience, with at least 3 of those years in a supervisor or manager capacity
- Experience in a taproom setting highly desirable
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Serv-Safe Certification, CPR & First Aid Certification, and Crowd Manager Certification all required. If you don't currently hold these certifications, we'll help the right candidate get them!
- Experience with POS systems, schedule writing, and inventory
- Strong preference given to local candidates who are familiar with the Taproom scene in the Greater Boston area.
We're Looking for Someone Who...
- Is passionate about creating a welcoming, inclusive culture for guests and employees
- Loves to learn and is always looking for ways to do things better
- Has the ability to motivate a team, and can remain flexible through change
- Exhibits a strong work ethic and holds their team to a high standard of excellence
- Has an interest in and understanding of different beer styles, production, and packaging
- Must be present in the Taproom/Beer Gardens for 4 -5 shifts per week, including evenings and weekends
- Availability for meetings as needed with staff & other members of the management team; must keep up with email, Slack, and other forms of communication
- Must be able to lift up to 55 pounds and move up to 170 pounds
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be comfortable with continuous movement; reaching, bending, lifting, carrying, and wiping
As an employee of Night Shift Brewing, the General Manager will earn between $75,000 and $90,000 in annual compensation, depending on experience. Benefits include health and dental insurance, generous paid time off, 401(k) participation, beer/merchandise credits, and more!
About Night Shift
Night Shift Brewing started as a nocturnal hobby for three home-brewing obsessed friends in 2012 out of a small apartment kitchen in Somerville, MA. Since then, Night Shift has grown beyond our wildest dreams. From our state-of-the-art brewing space and Taproom in Everett, to our first restaurant endeavor at Lovejoy Wharf, to starting our own distributing company and beyond, the motto “craft better” is at the heart of everything we do. We aim to provide a wide variety of craft beverages - from beer to seltzer, wine, coffee, and other non-alcoholic beverages, we celebrate being a craft beverage provider where “all styles are welcome”.
Night Shift Brewing is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We welcome all applicants who believe they meet the minimum requirements of available positions, with or without reasonable accommodation, to apply.