Procurement and Inventory Control Manager
The Procurement and Inventory Control Manager is responsible for overseeing the activities of the purchasing and inventory of materials for the company. This position will spearhead the purchasing process from selecting suppliers to ensuring stock optimization, as well as provide guidance on sourcing and procurement processes. This position will be the supply chain and logistics expert who specializes in implementing cost effective purchases of all goods and services as required by the company. Ensuring quality control and adhering to the company’s policies and procedures on supply chain management will be the main priority of this role. This position reports directly to the Contract Sales and Logistics Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develops and implements policies and procedures as it relates to purchasing and inventory control with a goal to maximize efficiency and optimize workflow.
- Sources and engages reliable suppliers and vendors.
- Negotiates with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Reviews existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure on going feasibility.
- Builds and maintains long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Approves purchase orders, organizing and confirming delivery of goods and services.
- Performs risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements.
- Collaborates with sales, customer service and logistics departments to maximize efficiency with purchasing and inventory control.
- Communicates with suppliers to resolve problems that may arise regarding delivery, quality, price or conditions of sales.
- Controls the procurement budget and promotes a culture of long-term savings on procurements costs.
- Coordinates with sales and finance leadership to manage forecasting inputs in the MRP system.
- Provides oversight of the utilization of the MRP system throughout the brewery. Leans on that system to manage procurement of packaging and other raw materials.
- Frequently interfaces with warehouse/transportation leadership to adjust near term leading indicators within the MRP system. Assist that group with interactions with major customers as necessary to manage their inventories in a way that leads to as efficient packaging scheduling as possible without sacrificing Abita principals of quality.
- Prepares procurement reports.
- Reconciles actual inventory to book inventory.
- Works with internal departments on storage and the usage of materials.
- Assists with generating the weekly schedule for package and draft production.
- Performs other duties assigned by manager.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Hours may vary if emergencies arise (typical workweek = 45 hours).
- Professional presence is required.
- Occasionally as a requirement of this position, the employee will be required to stand, balance, stoop, crouch, sit, and walk, including substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and legs; use hands, handle or feel, and reach, push, pull with hands and arms for extended periods of time.
- This position frequently pushes/picks up/carries equipment.
- Work with office equipment such as computers, phones, fax machines and copiers.
Supervision of Others
This position is not responsible for the management of others.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job effectively. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration.
- Proven experience managing supply chain operations.
- Experience using supply chain management software and tools.
- In depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing contracts, invoicing and negotiating terms.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities/projects concurrently.
- Excellent organization, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, string ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Positive attitude with an ongoing sense of urgency.
- Ability to understand and execute against deadlines.
- Excellent time and people management skills.
- Budget management proficiency.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and eligible to work in the United States.
ABITA BREWING CO is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled