Have you been looking for the opportunity to be a part of a strong team at a growing regional brewery in an amazing location? Are you an experienced technical and creative brewer, with exceptional planning and communication skills, a flexible approach to problem solving, and strong leadership and people skills, who loves to get things done and wants to spend more time on the floor and not so much time at a desk?
The Production Manager at Santa Fe Brewing is responsible for the successful overall operation and execution of our Production department, from Brewing to Packaging. This hands-on position directly manages the Brewing and Cellaring teams and oversees the Packaging team, ensuring that the week’s schedule and all our recipes make it safely to the finish line, on-time and in-spec. This position is in regular contact with Operations, Quality, and Maintenance, utilizing their network to keep things running smoothly. This person also spends a lot of time leading the department into the future, participating in expansion projects and liquid R&D. Finally, and most importantly, this person is hyper-focused on the people around them, leading from the front, developing their team, and sharing in our collective success.
About Santa Fe Brewing Company:
We are New Mexico’s oldest and largest brewery, producing 40,000 bbls in 2022 and growing. We have cultivated an environment that prioritizes personal freedom, responsibility, and accountability, and as such, we run with a lean team of professional brewers. We enjoy challenging ourselves to meet new demands with novel products and solutions, and we focus on working smarter by investing in the capacity that allows us to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
We are located in beautiful Santa Fe, NM at the base of the Sangre de Cristo mountain range. Santa Fe is a world-renowned hub for artists, foodies, environmental revolutionaries, and outdoor enthusiasts alike. We have breathtaking views, virtually no traffic, four distinct seasons, over 280 days of sunshine per year, and easy access to awesome skiing, and hiking/biking trails in every direction.
- Personnel Management
- Directly Manage Brewing and Cellaring Depts, Oversee Packaging Dept
- Develop and Lead training programs for Production team
- Own departmental Org structure and people development plan
- Create and ensure SOPs are followed and improved upon
- Cover shifts in Brewing and Cellaring as necessary
- Conduct annual performance reviews with all direct reports
- Lead hiring and disciplinary procedures as necessary
- Process Management
- Serve as Process and Equipment SME and Troubleshooting 1st point of contact
- Manage Brewing and Cellaring recipe and process control and optimization
- Coordinate with Lab, integrating quality data with recipe control
- Work closely with Maintenance on repair, maintenance, and project needs
- Maintain a high standard of facility cleanliness and organization
- Identify and address opportunities to increase operational safety, efficiency, and quality
- Communicate Daily/Weekly production schedules with Operators
- Ensure execution of Daily/ Weekly production schedules
- Coordinate with Maintenance on repair and maintenance windows
- Coordinate with Operations on production planning and forecasting
- Assist w/equipment and process specification, design, and commissioning
- Lead personnel training and SOP development for new equipment
- Lead creation of Tap Room beer program
- Coordinate and/or Lead R&D for new products
- Procure Dept Tools and Supplies as necessary
- Enter daily production data into Obeer
- Own Recipe Change Management (Grist and Botec)
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies:
- 3+ years brewing experience required, regional/national brewing experience preferred
- 1+ years of supervisory or demonstrated leadership experience required
- Science or Engineering degree, or certificate from a reputable brewing school, desired
- Strong organizational, problem solving, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills required
- Strong understanding of Brewing Process Flow and Quality Control required. Understanding of Mechanical/Electrical/Controls systems desired
- MS Office skills required. ERP systems experience preferred, Obeer experience desired.
- Desire and Ability to train, mentor, and lead teams required
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment required
- Detail Oriented and Proactive. Self-directed and able to work independently, but with a collaborative mentality.
- At least 21 years of age required.
- Candidate should be able to lift at least 30lbs. from ground level and should also be able to move 165lbs. of kegged beer from one location to another.
- Candidate should be physically capable of standing for long periods of time and able to kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl.
- Department: Production
- Reports to: Brewmaster
- FLSA Status: Salary, Exempt
- Direct Reports: 5 (Brewing and Cellar staff, Packaging Manager)
- There are opportunities for additional support staff (Supervisors, etc) as we grow.
- Compensation: Undisclosed, dependent on experience
- Benefits: Competitive Health Care, PTO, and 401k plans
To apply, please email resume and cover letter