Craft Beer Key Account Manager
“We craft memorable experiences to connect our community!”
Pike Brewing Company is adding a full-time Key Account Manager to our team. This role of Key Account Manager (KAM) is responsible for representing Pike Brewing Company as a professional salesperson to all assigned existing and prospective accounts. The KAM’s role is to promote growth and development of Pike Brewing Company’s products, execute promotional activity, and ensure accounts are merchandised in accordance with our brand standards. Responsibilities include selling, ordering, merchandising, and building displays, and are required to understand and deliver budgeted volume and revenue goals, utilizing sales tools and programs designed to increase sales. The ideal candidate will possess the energy, passion, and required experience to bring Pike’s products to the market with both new and existing customers. This role is based out of Seattle, WA and requires approximately 30% travel time in the region.
Title of Position: Key Account Manager
Position Reports To: President of Pike Brewing Company
Salary Range: $80,000 to $100,000 annual pay based on experience and skills. Bonus structure: This position is bonus eligible.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead the relationship and programs with on and off-premises key retailers to gain new distribution and promotional activity. Drive active engagement and retention with existing accounts. Develop a consistent cadence of calling directly on retail buyers as well as partnering effectively with distributors.
• Gather data on competitive marketing efforts, promotional activity, and performance indicators to share with Pike’s stakeholder teams (distributors, top clients, and Pike’s internal leadership teams). This includes building and managing profiles for the top 25 producers in the marketplace.
• Create and deliver presentations to key retailer clients which incorporate both data analytics and market data analysis as a vehicle to build sales and foster trusted relationships.
• Work collaboratively with Pike’s sales and brewing team.
• Hold productive meetings with key accounts and chain store personnel in partnership with our distributors.
• Manage financial resources effectively to ensure costs are controlled in meeting both monthly and annual budgets to control costs.
• Lead the development of effective communication & brand programs, promotional activity, pricing strategies, and distribution updates to all retail partners, our internal management teams and key account personnel at distributors.
• Provide input to Pike Brewing Company management regarding future marketing plan development.
• Live Pike Brewing Company’s values, ethics, and passion for beer in all interactions.
• Exhibit a very high sense of urgency, be well organized, possess a great attitude, be a team player and can build strong working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
• Be energized by the opportunity to work for Pike Brewing company by being committed to our work, our employees, our clients, and community partners.
• Foster meaningful relationships with regional and national chain buyers.
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of beer distributor corporate structures and operations.
• Develop robust databases and inventory management practices which deliver strong results.
• Demonstrate deep financial acumen, problem-solving capacity, and strong data-analysis skills.
• Establish customer relationship management systems which produce results-driven insights and analytics.
• Source new business opportunities, develop the business case, present to key stakeholders.
• Be an authentic team player by building camaraderie, inviting collaboration, and sharing in the results.
• Experience working with airports, sports arenas, event venues.
• A minimum of five years’ experience with craft beer sales with a successful track record of working with off and on-premise chains.
• A strong track record of utilizing. beer industry sales data resources and data analytics.
• Excellent written and verbal communications.
• A strong track record of time management, personal drive, and ability to work well independently and with teams.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or marketing, or equivalent working experience.
• Strong proficiency with PC/Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Valid driver’s license and excellent driving record. Must be 21 years of age.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States.
• Able to work in high noise levels.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of sitting in a car or at a desk (8-10 hours).
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time (8-10 hours).
• Will work near moving or mechanical parts.
• Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates.
• Ability to move heavy materials (lifting up to 55 pounds and moving up to 150 pounds).
• Competitive pay which is based on experience and skill qualifications.
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, long term disability, and life insurance benefits.
• 401(k) Plan with a company match component.
• Paid time off and paid holidays.
• Complimentary food & beverages and friends & family discount dining program.
• Continuing beer education with on-site beer Cicerone classes and participation in beer festivals.
• Opportunities for career development.
• Getting to be a part of a fun and hardworking team.
Why You Need to Join Pike Brewing Company!
Our business is growing – you can too. We’re committed to providing our employees with development and growth opportunities. Pike has a long-time commitment to making a difference in our community – from our signature charitable events, which benefit local nonprofits, to our signature Women in Beer event. Pike hires great people who come from all walks of life from a wide variety of backgrounds. Our inclusive culture helps us come together in a dynamic and changing industry to achieve remarkable things. We are proud of our handcrafted beverages and the local and sustainable culinary delights we serve, and much of the credit goes to our amazing employees and unique culture. Hand-crafted food and drink may be our service, but hospitality is our business.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Pike Brewing embraces diversity in a serious way and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Pike are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Pike will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We encourage applicants of all ages. Because it makes our company stronger, Pike is committed to having a staff that reflects the broadest spectrum of our community with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances. Pike Brewing is happy to offer reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities.
Pike Brewing Company
We craft memorable experiences to connect our community!