Brewer / Cellar Person
- Brewer & Cellar duties
- Junkyard Brewing Co. Moorhead, Minnesota
- Work with a team of 3 other brewers led by our brewmaster Corey
- Full Time salaried position with benefits; $40,000-$50,000 per year
- Brewing experience required. Home-brewing experience will also be considered.
- Perform brewing and cellaring duties with precision.
- Follow recipes and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Work safely and maintain a safe working environment.
- Workweek: four-10s (~10 hour shift, 4 days a week).
- Safely operate a stand-up style forklift
- Maintain a sanitary and micro-biologically stable work environment through CIP (Clean in Place) procedures and solid general housekeeping practices in collaboration with assistant brewers.
- Brew house (hot side) operation
- Dry hopping
- Beer transfers from brewhouse to cellar, and between cellar vessels
- Yeast handling, which may eventually include cell counts, pitching, and cropping yeast.
- Monitor fermentations including routine analysis of in-process beer
- Setup and tear-down of hard and soft piping assemblies.
- Carbonate beer and prepare it for the packaging team and/or customers.
- Continual lifting, dragging, carrying, and manipulating of hoses, parts, pumps, buckets, and reservoirs, requiring standing, walking, crouching, and lifting regularly throughout the duration of shift
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on equipment and infrastructure in collaboration with assistant brewers and maintenance staff
- Sufficient computer literacy, writing and math skills necessary to accurately document data collection worksheets
- Additional duties may be assigned as necessary
- Rotate through the various brewing operation stations during the brew cycle.
The ideal candidate will have professional brewing experience, be a great team-player, be obsessed with making high quality beer, and be very excited about new beer styles and brewing techniques. We will only be considering candidates with some form of brewing experience. Local home brewers are welcome to apply.
- Compensation negotiable and based on experience (We want a high quality candidate and we are ready to provide great compensation)
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Paternity/Maternity Leave
- Possible heath, vision, and dental insurance
- Possible 401K matching
- Free beer : )
About Junkyard Brewing Co.
- Currently makes 2,400 bbls of beer per year
- 10bbl brewing system
- Focused on experimentation, new beer styles, and new brewing techniques
- Highly rated beers and a very busy taproom
- Self distributes cans in MN and ND, also available nationally through Tavour
To apply, click the link below. Please provide some information about yourself, a resume, and at least two references.