Lonerider Brewery proudly opened its doors in 2009. Since then, we’ve won over 50+ Awards, including bringing the first GABF Gold Medal to Raleigh. Our brand and our culture derive from the Outlaw philosophy. Walk your own path, and instead of thinking outside the box, imagine what if there was no box.
Responsible for brewing and cellaring exceptionally high quality and consistent beer brewed to
Lonerider standards. Must be able and willing to assist with packaging functions as well, as
everyone does a little bit of everything on our team.
- Be responsible for brewing and cellaring great beer. Be able to work on production floor and warehouse alone after training.
- Experience as Head Brewer required.
- Experience operating a centrifuge preferred.
- Will be responsible for yeast management, utilizing both wet and dry yeast strains.
- Will be responsible for QC program, work with Director of Operations to maintain high quality product.
- Responsible for new recipe ideas and development, so experience developing a recipe required.
- Mechanically inclined preferred.
- Forklift certification/experience a plus, but we can train you if we need to.
- Work alongside production staff in all aspects of production (handling of raw materials, keg washing and filling, canning line operation, warehousing, shipping and receiving, and documenting processes).
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Keep impeccable records from start to finish, including: keg washer titration, packaging numbers, can zahms, can DO, and other notes that pertain to the life of beers produced.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures for all production activities.
- Work with Director of Operations, Maintenance Manager and all production staff to ensure that Lonerider maintains a high profile in beer production.
- Support sales and marketing team in outreach as necessary.
- Help train front of house employees in beer styles, off flavors, and proper cleaning and maintenance of draft equipment.
- Come with a team mentality. At Lonerider everyone sweeps the floors and we operate as a team at all times.
- Must be able to 50 pounds above shoulders repeatedly.
- Be able to lift 165 pounds onto 12” rack.
- This role is almost exclusively on your feet at all times.
- Must be comfortable working in extreme temperature conditions.
- Be accountable for your actions.
- Make decisions for your role while keeping everybody informed and accepting input.
- Support your team at all times
- Maintain up-to-date process documents as relevant to the role
- Understand the packaging, cellaring, and brewing processes
- Do not be afraid to ask questions. Seek help when unsure.
- Have fun
To apply, email resumes
Lonerider Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.