Assistant Brewer / Cellar Person II
AleSmith Brewing Company is dedicated to creating the world’s highest quality beer, while promoting an understanding and appreciation of craft beer and its styles and traditions to those we faithfully call our customers.
Under the general direction of the Brewery Manager, the Assistant Brewer/ Cellar Person II will be responsible for following Company safety procedures, policies, and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) to produce high quality beer to Company standards. Responsible for helping to keep brewery and equipment clean and sanitized. Will maintain a clean and organized facility. Will also assist in repair of and preventative maintenance of brewery and cellar equipment.
Duties and responsibilities
- Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists with brewery and cellar operations including day-to-day process issues, recipe management, operating policies, procedures, release parameters, and safety policies.
- Ensure the cleanliness and sterilization of tanks, screens, inflow pipes, production areas, and equipment, using hoses, brushes, scrapers, or chemical solutions.
- Responsible for following comprehensive Standard Operating Procedures with full documentation for brewing and cellar operations including raw material handling, production, fermentation, yeast handling, liquid transfer, fining, colloidal stabilization, separation, carbonation, and pasteurization.
- Maintain detailed records of raw materials, quality checks and production stage timings.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Participate in continuing education related to brewing, brewery operations, and safety and regulatory requirements.
- Cellar duties include separation, pasteurization, preparing raw material for casks, cleaning and sanitizing equipment.
- Report on functionality and maintenance of brewery equipment, CIP equipment, water delivery equipment, and sewer related systems to management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Must be available to work any shift in a 24hour schedule
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must work well in a team.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Brewing education or science related Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
AleSmith Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical disability, mental disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
$19.80 - $21.80 Per Hour