Public Relations Manager
The Communications & PR Manager manages a wide spectrum of earned media engagement for New Belgium and its world-class portfolio, including Voodoo Ranger, Fat Tire, and Bell’s Brewery brands. Working closely with internal stakeholders, this role is responsible for developing and executing press and communications strategies – fully integrated with other marketing channels – to shape public awareness and strengthen the reputation of New Belgium and Bell’s and our products in line with our company narrative, brand strategies, and key messages.
The right candidate is a relentlessly proactive communicator and a strategic thinker who understands the modern media environment – from top-tier outlets to local and trade media – and will approach the goal of helping reporters tell New Belgium’s story with passion and enthusiasm for our best-in-class portfolio of craft beers, our unique business philosophy, and the people within the company who make it all happen.
- Execute plans for amplifying company announcements and business practices, product launches and rollouts, and campaigns, and other proactive opportunities in the press.
- Craft a wide variety of high-quality written materials, including strategies and briefs, press releases and other press materials, talking points and FAQs, op-eds and speeches, statements, blog posts and articles, briefing memos for executives, and more. Translate complex ideas into simple content for a variety of audiences.
- Build and maintain relationships with key media contacts in top-tier national outlets, brewing trade media, regional and local media around New Belgium and Bell’s breweries and taprooms, and business press. Serve as the primary point of contact for media inquiries.
- Play a key role in supporting New Belgium and Bell’s’ thought leadership and advocacy initiatives. Work closely with New Belgium’s CEO and executive team on media and public engagement opportunities, including prep and facilitation of interviews, speeches, panels, and other public appearances.
- Assist with other content creation across the comms and digital marketing spectrum – especially written content – including internal communications, social media, website copy, blog posts and articles, etc.
- Collaborate with key marketing teams (brand managers, digital/social managers, brand activation team, retail marketers, etc.) to ensure earned media strategies are well integrated into broader marketing campaigns and aligned with other comms/marketing channels.
- Proactively manage incoming inquiries and work media contacts to shape coverage. Plan for and manage crisis scenarios to mitigate risk and turn any potential tough situations into reputational wins.
- Disseminate messaging/talking points to internal and external partners on a wide range of issues, including crisis or risk mitigation scenarios.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in media relations, corporate communications, internal communications, journalism, or another related field
- Outstanding writing skills (must provide relevant writing samples)
- Strong track record of proactively securing top-tier media coverage and maintaining quality media relationships
- Intrinsic understanding of the evolving dynamic between traditional and social media
- Working knowledge of economic, environmental, and social policy arena a plus
Wage information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is Bell’s and New Belgium's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, or other position-related reasons.
Starting Salary Range: $71,000.00 - 83,000.00
All Full time Coworkers at Bell’s and New Belgium enjoy the following benefits after one calendar month of employment: Medical & Dental Insurance (options available for dependents), Basic Term Life and AD&D Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program, PTO, 401k Match, Paid Caregiver Leave, and Profit Sharing. Certain positions with ‘On Call’ responsibilities may be eligible for phone/data reimbursement. Details will be shared, and questions answered during our interview process.
Bell’s and New Belgium welcomes all. We are committed to building an environment that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive within our own walls and amidst the entire craft beer community.
Bell’s and New Belgium strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender identity and expression (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.