This job is no longer accepting applications.
Union Hall Manager
The Beertender facilitates guest experience by performing a variety of customer service duties including, but not limited to, greeting and serving guests and co-workers, providing education about UNION products and other products we carry, stocking bar, serving drinks, and maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of Union Hall facilities.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: (Additional duties may be assigned)
• Represent UNION as a UNION brand Ambassador.
• Provide excellent customer service to visitors. i.e.) Greet and serve visitors in a positive and friendly way when behind the bar and at the Trip Leader station. Greet everyone who visits Union Hall with a hello and goodbye. Treat everyone like a regular.
• Interact with visitors to develop and maintain a favorable public image. Answer questions and educate guests about UNION Craft Brewing, our beers, and other products, the differences between beer styles as well as the history and culture around UNION Craft Brewing and craft beer in general.
• Educate customers on how to sample beer behind the bar and on tours. (Color, Clarity, carbonation, head retention, aroma, mouthfeel/body, flavors, finish)
• Promote other items we offer for sale- merch, event tickets, package goods, etc.
• Promote UNION events.
• Complete all paperwork involved in day-to-day operations (inventory sheets, keg order forms, incident reports etc.)
• Compile daily receipts and other paperwork per UNION procedure for processing.
• Maintain comfort & cleanliness throughout Union Hall, Storage Areas, walk-in cooler, office, and restrooms, and staff kitchen area.
• Ensure that Union Hall, Duckpin Room, staff kitchen, counters, sinks, utensils, coolers, shelving and storage areas are clean and comply with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards at all times.
• Report all equipment problems, bar maintenance issues, violations or substandard practices to your supervisor immediately upon encountering a problem.
• Attend staff meetings, events and other functions; required minimum 2 all staff meetings per quarter.
• Promote good public relations and handle complaints and concerns of guests.
• Report any issues with Draft & Cask System immediately to the Union Hall Manager.
• Assist with inventory procedures. Alert Supervisor about shortages or discrepancies.
• Minimize waste by ensuring all sales go through POS system properly and the Draft & Cask Systems are operating optimally at all times.
• Collect payment for all sales.
• Follow alcohol awareness procedures for preventing intoxication and dealing with intoxicated guests.
Beertenders should work with each other to make daily operations run as smooth as possible in Union Hall. Beertenders guide the Beertender Assistant throughout the shift and direct them as needed.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or GED required.
• At least one year of experience in the beer, spirits, or beverage industry.
• Basic knowledge of beer offerings (flavors, ingredients, etc.) in order to answer questions from customers, as well as conduct tastings.
• Prior customer service or sales experience preferred.
• Training Available.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule: days, nights, holidays and or weekends. Saturday availability required, Sunday availability also preferred.
• Current TIPS or Alcohol Awareness Training (Available through UNION)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong interest in/passion for craft beer
• Strong communication and administration skills to interact with customers, vendors, and coworkers in a professional manner.
• Must possess superior organizational skills.
• Possess the ability to multi-task and manage stressful circumstances associated with a fast-paced work environment.
• Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
• Ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment.
• Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
• Strong customer relations skills.
• Analytical ability to gather and summarize data, find solutions to various administrative Problems.
• Positive professional attitude.
• Team player with the ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
Equipment, Machines and Software Used:
This position requires the regular use of a computer, printer, copier, telephone, calculator, postage meter, cash register, iPad and iPad based POS system and related apps, smartphone and related software. The position also requires basic knowledge of draft system & crowler machine.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time, walk, talk, hear, use hands to finger, grasp, handle or feel, push, pull, reach, crouch, kneel, crawl or bend, and perform repetitive motions of the hands and/or wrists.
• Ability to occasionally exert up to 50 pounds of force, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds, and be able to move kegs which weigh close to 175 pounds.
• Moderate mental and visual attention required for performing manual work, machine operations, set-ups, inspections, and adjustments that require frequent decisions to detect and adjust for variance from proper operation.
While performing the duties of this position, the worker is exposed to inside environmental conditions, extreme heat, potential for physical injury, exposure to hot fluids, pressurized vessels and transfer lines, strong odors, chemicals, and unpleasant tasks such as handling garbage.
To apply please email your resume to HR@unioncraftbrewing.com – Thank you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.