QA/QC Technician 1
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Here at Heavy Seas, quality is the highest priority in every one of our endeavors. All of our beers are subjected to rigorous analysis to ensure their integrity. Today, Heavy Seas produces over 25 different products each year and distributes in 19 states. Heavy Seas has become one of the most respected and award winning craft breweries on the East Coast.
The QA/QC Lab Technician will be responsible for helping with tasks to execute quality standards. He/she will work under the supervision of the QA/QC Team Leader to perform day-to-day analytical testing and quality checks to support the efficiency of the department. Duties may vary as necessary.
Including, but not limited to:
- Daily sample collection including aseptic sampling for microbiological analysis
- Chemical and physical analysis of in-process and finished product, including ABV, Extract, pH, BU, Color, VDK
- Package quality control, including dissolved O2, carbonation, fill level, crown crimp, can seam integrity, keg testing, and other packaging standards
- Sensory sample collection and participation in daily sensory panel organization
- Sensory analysis of off flavors in beer
- Communicating with brewery personnel and management regarding quality issues
- Daily data entry and maintenance of QC spreadsheets including record keeping, trending, and data analysis
- Performing PCR analysis and interpreting results
- Performing and interpreting transmitted light microscopy of yeast and other samples
- Preparing microbiological media, executing microbiological assays and interpreting the results
- Assist with the maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Assist with maintaining a professional and clean lab
- Work on ad hoc projects as needed on behalf of the quality department
Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in the biological or physical sciences
- Experience: Prior laboratory experience beyond classroom instruction and an understanding of brewing, beer production and beer packaging would be an asset
- Organized approach to time management
- Attention to detail with the ability to generate results that are accurate and precise
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proficiency with Google Sheets and Google Drive
- Optimistic, self-motivated, positive attitude
- Ability to work as a part of a team
- Ability to take initiative, act promptly and be proactive
- Appreciation of quality beer!
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to sit at a desk for extended periods of time, as well as the ability to stand, move with agility and climb ladders
- Work environment has a moderate to loud noise level (machinery noise typically found in a manufacturing and packaging work space)
- Work environment can include areas that are wet and non-temperature controlled
- Personal protective equipment, including nitrile gloves, safety glasses, safety toe footwear and face covering
- Adherence to safety procedures
Heavy Seas offers a fun working environment with opportunities for advancement. We offer great benefits as well as paid time off. Land Your Dream Job! Come work for Heavy Seas! What are you waiting for?
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “QA/QC Lab Technician”.
Your application has been successfully submitted.