Senior Key Account Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Of course our sales organization includes our field reps (who sell our leading brands into retail accounts, bars and restaurants across the country) but that barely scratches the surface. Opportunities include roles in forecasting, trade marketing, business and wholesaler development, pricing and promotion analysis and key account management; it’s the strategic side of how we sell our beer. Sales are the backbone of our company—we work hard to get our product in the hands of every one of our target consumers… of legal drinking age of course.
The Senior Key Account Manager is responsible for acquiring and maintaining fruitful relationships with off premise chains and companies (convenience stores, etc.) relevant to their market. The overall purpose of this position is to execute the overall Anheuser-Busch sales objectives including volume, share, distribution, assortment, & shelf space, etc. at key accounts. This position works under the Retail Sales Director. The primary function of this role is to sell-in and influence our key retailer partners, through partnership, communication, and consistency. The Sr. KAM position must be critically aware of industry best practices, and regional competition and craft beer strategies.
- Grow AB Topline sales and share with key Off-Premise chain accounts
- Provide total account management; sell-in corporate programs and brand promotions
- Build working relationships with Key Account buyers
- Direct and manage space management priorities of AB and the account
- Utilize sales tools (SMART, Eagle Eye, IRI, IRI Data Web, etc.)
- Foster relationships with AB field sales and wholesaler personnel, and maintain active communications with key stakeholders in the field
- Evaluate strategies and action plans against allocated budget; manage budgets
- Contribute to development and management of annual account plan
- Facilitate communication of wholesaler’s pricing to chain account
- Provides feedback to management on strategic opportunities for assigned key accounts
- Provides monthly reports to management on account and programming performances
- Coordinates with Marketing Director to develop chain-specific marketing and advertising plans
- Educates and influences corporate decision-makers on product lines
- Utilizes data to analyze A-B performance in key accounts and identify opportunities for growth
- Facilitate and manage the development and implementation of the Joint Business Plan
We take a holistic approach to hiring. While the following qualifications provide a benchmark of the skills and experiences that might make a candidate successful, we first and foremost hire people who have the ambition and curiosity to Dream Big, are excited by complex challenges, and have an ownership mentality.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with distributors, top level account decision makers, and all internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently with little supervision – self-motivated.
- High level of craft beer product knowledge.
- Excellent oral, analytical, written, and group presentation communication skills.
- Strong organizational & planning skills.
- Thorough knowledge of company products and industry best practices (beer and merchandise).
- Highly self-motivated and results oriented
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers, and third-party partners
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Ability to thrive in a highly competitive and dynamic work environment
- Exceptional time management skills, with the ability to multi-task
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Sales and/or Marketing experience preferably in the beverage or consumer package goods industry
- Proven Leadership Ability/Advanced Supervisory Skills/Demonstrated Coaching Skills Required
- Ability to work hours as required (nights, weekends, etc.)
- Strong internal and external customer orientation; Strong customer service skills and ability to work in a team environment required
- Management experience preferred
Founded more than 165 years ago, Anheuser-Busch is one of America’s most iconic companies and the undisputed leader of the U.S. beer industry, with brands such as Budweiser, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra, Stella Artois and many more. We are proud of our history and heritage and remain committed to brewing the great-tasting, high-quality beers that have satisfied beer drinkers for generations.
Today, we are 18,000 colleagues strong—spread out across the country, united by a deep passion for making great products and an unwavering commitment to supporting the communities that we call home. Dreaming big is in our DNA, and we are now writing the next chapter in Anheuser-Busch’s great history – one of growth, innovation, responsibility and sustainability. And one that will help us achieve our mission of bringing people together for the next 165 years and beyond.
We hope you will consider joining us on this mission!
Your application has been successfully submitted.