Brewery Sales Rep
Brewery Sales Rep
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time, Salaried Position, Overtime Exempt
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Salary; Eligible for Commission Plan in addition to Salary 100% Health, Dental & Vision Coverage; Paid Time Off; 401k; Discounts on products/merchandise
- Very friendly / Exerts positive energy / A pleasure to be around / Makes other people smile
- Exhibits great hospitality / makes guests feel that we are on their side
- Highly organized / Creates & maintains systems, policies and SOPs that are attentive to detail
- Truly excellent communicator / Listens attentively & genuinely cares what people are saying
- Takes offense to uncleanliness and clutter / Takes the fight to entropy
- Great inventory manager
- Skilled conflict resolver / Doesn’t avoid conflict / Handles discord with empathy
- Does not tolerate herself/himself or anyone slipping below high standards of performance
- Uphold our standards and core values
- Help accomplish company annual goals
- Participate in Open Book Management
- Meet task deadlines in Asana
- Ensure 505 barrels or more moves through the Texas Market annually
- Increase local Austin tap handles by a minimum of 50%
- Increase local Austin points of distribution for packaged product by a minimum of 50%
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with wholesale and retail accounts
- Assume a leadership role in identifying growth opportunities with new and existing accounts
- Assist Sales & Distribution Manager with oversight management of relationship with Flood Distribution in Texas, including weekly standing meeting
- Able to maintain and report an expense budget within the given parameters
- Assist Sales and Distribution manager with creating the yearly annual financial plan
- Conducts ongoing brand training with retailers, distributor partners, and consumers
- Respond to retail inquiries that are received through email@example.com
- Represent the brewery at local festivals and events as needed.
- Provide feedback to Sales & Distribution Manager related to what beers are in demand at the wholesale and retail level
- Improve professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in the craft beer industry; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; researching new technology and practices; and participating in professional societies.
- Assist with building out wholesale customer orders if needed.
- Other duties as assigned by Sales & Distribution Manager
- Self-starter with the proven ability to work independently and adapt in a fast-paced growing environment.
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in the three-tier distribution system either with a beer wholesaler or craft beer producer
- Strong knowledge of the local market for craft beer and high level of craft beer product knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication; strong analytical and group presentation skills
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Google Drive
- Experience with Ekos ERP Management software is a plus
- Experience with Asana project management software is a plus
- Availability to work a flexible weekly schedule, including nights and weekends.
- Must be able to spend multiple hours per day in a car driving
- Must have a reliable car, valid driver’s license, pass pre-employment background check, including a clean motor vehicle record.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lb regularly
- Must live in the Austin market
- Must be 21 years of age