Packaging Technician I
This job is no longer accepting applications.
WHO ARE WE?
When MadTree sprouted in 2013, we were driven to craft great beer - but more importantly - to build something bigger than ourselves and the high-quality beer we produce. Since the beginning, we have cared deeply about creating meaningful connections with our communities. We embrace our name MadTree and work to celebrate and protect nature, while reducing our impact on the environment. We are proud members of 1% for the Planet, with a commitment to donate 1% of our sales to non-profits focused on environmental sustainability. The craftspeople at MadTree wake up every day to connect people to nature and each other.
We are MadTree. Inspiring Madness. Rooted in Purpose.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Packaging Technician I will operate with a focus on packaging quality, safety, situational awareness, and operating as a part of a close team. They will be an avid MadTree ambassador who lives the behaviors – Connect, Grow, and Give a F*ck. Additionally, the Packaging Technician will:
- Exercise a high degree of autonomy and decision making to efficiently operate different components of canning, kegging, and bottling operations.
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail throughout the packaging process to ensure quality standards and operational efficiency is not compromised.
- Communicates clearly with team members to ensure alignment with all roles and responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operating the canning line, including setup, managing supplies, stocking, pulling finished product off the line, troubleshooting, palletizing, cleaning, and sanitizing.
- Operating the keg filling machine, including cleaning, sanitizing, and filling kegs, palletizing and storing full kegs, and troubleshooting.
- Operating the bottling line, including setup, managing supplies, stocking, pulling finished product off the line, troubleshooting, boxing, palletizing, cleaning, and sanitizing.
- Stocking and organizing the cooler, as well as other general organization, movement, and handling of supplies, materials, and products.
- Accurately and completely follows all packaging Standard Operating Procedures.
- Enthusiastically spends a minimum of 16 hours per year volunteering (paid) for MadTree Impact initiatives.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- 1-2 years of professional packaging and/or warehousing experience preferred, but not required.
- Computer automation systems.
- Cleaning and sanitizing chemicals.
- Pumps, hoses, valves, clamps, gaskets, and other brewery equipment.
- Forklift, pallet jack, and similar industrial equipment.
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Accountable at all times for personal safety as well as the safety of those around them.
- Flexibility when changes happen throughout the day. Work can be fast-paced and reaction/pivot is crucial to success of the team and the day.
- Attention to detail, ability to work unsupervised while maintaining safety and quality standards, and confidence to speak up and act when safety and quality are compromised.
- Comfort with multitasking and maintaining efficiency and productivity.
- Self-motivated, clean, thorough, and passionate about serving world-class beer.
- Effective and frequent communication with manager and support staff, regardless of department or shift.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 160 pounds.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms. Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment is usually that of a brewery.
- The employee occasionally works with hazardous materials.
- The employee works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
- The employee frequently must work in a sanitary environment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.