Packaging Operator I
This job is no longer accepting applications.
- Department: Production
- Reports to: Packaging Manager
- FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
The Packaging Operator I will be responsible for working with the packaging team to keg, bottle and can all of Uinta’s world-class products. This role has basic knowledge in one or more areas of the packaging process with an aptitude toward advancement in one or more areas. Responsibilities will include cleaning and maintaining the machinery and meeting GMP standards. Must be able to work in a fast-paced production assembly environment, be quality conscious, operate safely and have good communication skills. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to be involved in a fast-growing, quality-focused brewing and packaging company with an aggressive expansion plan. We are building a team of qualified, professional, hard-working people with positive attitudes and a focus on creating a great workplace.
- Perform packaging operations at the bottling, canning, and kegging lines.
- Employees will be trained in all three lines – kegging, bottling, and canning line.
- Learn to operate all packaging machinery.
- Load and unload materials and finished products.
- Assist with the start-up of the packaging lines or keg line.
- Keep work area organized for efficient operation and safety.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems with the team to reduce downtime.
- Coordinate with the operations and scheduling manager when changes arise.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Additional duties may be assigned in various functions of the brewery as needed.
- NOTE: This role will work with chemicals.
- Applicant must be 21 or over to apply.
- Have a basic understanding of operation of all three lines – kegging, bottling, canning line.
- Mechanical aptitude required.
- Previous packaging experience preferred.
- Forklift operating experience a plus.
- Interest in brewing a plus.
- Ability to lift up to 75-100 pounds.
- Ability to crouch, bend, twist and stand for extended periods of time in a warehouse environment.
- Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Food Safety standards.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Organization skills including attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills.
- Simple math and ability to complete forms and write instructions.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently to package quality beer according to Uinta’s standards and procedures, including quality and quantity requirements.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Self-motivated while also willing to ask questions and seek direction.
- Support new ideas and help implement them.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Your application has been successfully submitted.