This job is no longer accepting applications.
- Department: Pub
- Reports to: Pub & Retail General Manager
- FLSA Status: Hourly, Nonexempt
Uinta Brewing Company is seeking a skilled, highly motivated individual with a passion for craft beer, experience in hospitality, and a desire to propel our pub and retail operations. If you’re an adventurous beer enthusiast with at least two years of experience working as a bartender in the hospitality industry, apply for this great opportunity.
Shift Bartenders report directly to the General Manager, or Retail Coordinator if the GM is unavailable, and supports all front of house activities necessary to operate the Brewhouse Pub. This role is responsible for ensuring that Uinta guests have an exceptional eating and drinking experience, including but not limited to: providing information about our beers and brewing processes to our guests, pouring and serving the perfect beer, taking and serving food orders, mixing cocktails, clearing tables and cleaning up. This is a part-time, nonexempt position.
- Greet and serve Pub patrons in a welcoming and friendly manner
- Maintain safe, healthy, and sustainable Brewpub environment
- Exceed guest expectations of Uinta Brewing Company
- Know our food and beer and be able to accurately describe each item in terms of taste, style, and category
- Accurately take patron orders for food and beverages, while providing recommendations if asked
- Serve food and beverages to customers in a timely fashion
- Bus and set tables and bar top as needed
- Have a basic understanding of draft systems, including the ability to change kegs as needed
- Maintain cleanliness of the bar area and sanitize appropriately
- Sanitizing and cleaning protocols will be much more rigorous and time sensitive during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Follow opening or closing checklists and standard operating procedures
- Respond to customer inquiries about our brands and special events
- Maintain all necessary state and local bartending certifications
- Available to assist in scheduled Pub events
- Help Back of House in downtime as needed
- Communicate with management to assure availability of adequate supplies
- Enforce all federal, state and local regulations
- Ensure strict adherence to UDABC policies
- Manage POS Systems: currently Mobilebytes & NCR Silver
- Control cash and receipts by adhering to all cash handling and reconciliation procedures
- Provide feedback and suggestions to GM as needed
- Applicant must be 21 or over to apply
- Must have an understanding of general restaurant operations
- Previous bartending experience preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills
- Ability to work days, nights, or weekends
- Ability to multi-task in a noisy, fast-paced, and distraction-filled environment
- Keep immediate supervisor informed of all problems or significant matters, take corrective action when necessary
- Ensure all financial transactions are accurate, calculate and return appropriate change
- Move about facility and stand for extended periods of time
- Follow alcohol awareness procedures for preventing intoxication and dealing with intoxicated guests
- Experience with POS systems a plus: Mobilebytes and NCR Silver
- Thorough knowledge of the brewing process, craft beer culture, and the beer industry is preferred; Cicerone Certification desired or willing to achieve certification.
- Ability to lift up 75-100 pounds. Ability to crouch, bend, twist and stand for extended periods of time in Pub environment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must maintain current Food Handler’s Permit and TIPS and SIPS Certification.
- CUSTOMER FOCUS
- Committed to increasing customer satisfaction.
- Listens and understands customers’ needs and assumes responsibility for solving problems.
- Ensures commitments are met and solicits opinions and ideas from customers.
- PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE
- Knows and explains product benefits. Understands and sells the full product line.
- Understands customer's business operations and needs, understands and responds to the competition, applies market knowledge.
- Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, and meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- Acts on opportunities, seeks out new responsibilities, tackles problems and takes independent action, generates new ideas, originates action, practices self-development.
- Actively seeks opportunities to contribute rather than passively accepting situations.
- Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is necessarily called for.
Maintains a high level of interest and enthusiasm for job responsibilities
Your application has been successfully submitted.