This job is no longer accepting applications.
$10.0000 To $10.0000 Hourly
*Note: This is a tipped position.*
- Department: Pub
- Reports to: Pub & Retail General Manager
- FLSA Status: Hourly, Nonexempt
Uinta Brewing Company is looking for talented Hosts wanting to exceed guest expectations while teaching and telling the Uinta story. Offering excellent guest experiences is a team effort and as such we pride ourselves on offering an environment where the collective effort counts. We are looking for hosts to be the first friendly face our guests see when they arrive, who can seat guests in our Brewhouse Pub, give educational and exuberant details about our beers and brewery, and support cashier and administrative duties for our Retail Store.
The part-time Host will be responsible for performing daily activities including but not limited to: greeting and seating Pub guests, processing customer orders, responding to customer concerns, providing assistance with the retail store, and assisting with tours. Successful candidates must be able to work some evenings and Saturdays, perform in a fast-paced environment, and demonstrate the ability to be a self-starter and remain motivated during slow periods. This person must be detail-oriented and have excellent communication skills. We are building a team of qualified, professional, hard-working people with positive attitudes and a focus on creating a great workplace.
- Essential operations at the host stand which includes greeting and seating Brewpub guests, ID every guest, perform cashier duties for the retail store, and provide phone support for the brewery.
- Give prompt attention to customers.
- Facilitate to-go orders for food.
- Perform retail store duties as necessary, including closing procedures, based on shift.
- Speak to each of our brands accurately and educating our consumers on our individual brands.
- Answer customer questions and concerns – in person and by phone.
- Give energetic and informative educational guest experiences.
- Respond to requests for service or assistance.
- Ensure strict adherence to UDABC policies.
- Maintain a clean, tidy, and organized work environment, including (but not limited to) the host stand, guest bathrooms, foyer, patio, and guest parking area.
- Assist in retail marketing and promotional events.
- Be aware of product needs, anticipate order needs, and inform Supervisor of deficiencies.
- Assist in administrative duties – receive and direct guests, answer incoming calls.
- Provide support to other functions and brewery staff as needed.
- Applicant must be 21 or over to apply
- Basic retail knowledge and/or experience a plus
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills, including ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently to deliver customer service that exceeds expectations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work variable hour schedule with availability on evenings and Saturdays
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to lift up 75-100 pounds. Ability to crouch, bend, twist and stand for extended periods of time in Pub environment.
- Simple math skills and ability to perform basic tasks on digital devices such as tablets and computers
- Ability and desire to contribute in a team-based environment
- Self-motivated, while also willing to ask questions and seek direction
- Interest in brewing or craft beer a plus
- CUSTOMER FOCUS
- Committed to increasing customer satisfaction.
- Listens and understands customers’ needs and assumes responsibility for solving problems.
- Ensures commitments are met and solicits opinions and ideas from customers.
- PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE
- Knows and explains product benefits. Understands and sells the full product line.
- Understands customer's business operations and needs, understands and responds to the competition, applies market knowledge.
- Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, and meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- Acts on opportunities, seeks out new responsibilities, tackles problems and takes independent action, generates new ideas, originates action, practices self-development.
- Actively seeks opportunities to contribute rather than passively accepting situations.
- Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is necessarily called for.
- Maintains a high level of interest and enthusiasm for job responsibilities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.